• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creation of Adobe Digital signature causes my email account to be password locked. "privateKey"

Community Beginner ,
Dec 29, 2022 Dec 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To sign a PDF document in Adobe Acrobat, I created a Digital Signaure and added it to the file and saved it as an attachement. I then went to my email browser to send it as an attachent. When clicking send, I get the following password request:

"Mail wants to sign using key "privateKey" in your keychain"

This never happened before and I suspect something got changed when creating the Adobe Digital Signature in Adobe Acrobat. In my apple KeyChain I do not have such a passord stored. This problem is only occuring on the email account on my laptop. It is not an issue on other device.

Can anyone help please?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 29, 2022 Dec 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I found the answer in another discussion:

Hi,

When you open a new email, you can simply deactivate this digital encrypted signing by clicking on the little blue encircled checkmark in the new mail editor window. If you do this, it will stay unchecked for all subsequent emails. So no need to manually delete digital certificates from the keychain.

(I'm on Big Sur 11.1).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines