• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

2-part form - 1 set of fields & sign for anyone at a supplier; 2nd set of fields & sign for me

New Here ,
Feb 03, 2021 Feb 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to set up a new product approval form which would have one set of fields to be filled in by any representative at a supplier company and then signed by that person so that those fields are locked. I want to keep the form generic, i.e. I don't wnat to specify the email address of the person that will sign on behalf of the supplier.

Once I receive the form with the first part completed and signed, I would complete the second part of the form containing fields assigned specifically to me and then add my signature.

Can anyone advise how to do this?

Appreciate your help!

TOPICS
How to , PDF forms , Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can set each signature field to lock or unlock specific fields, using a script.

So you can lock the second part of the form by default (ie. make it read-only) and then use the first signature's Signed event to unlock those fields, and lock the ones in the first part. The second signature can then re-lock the fields in the second part, once signed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the quick reply!

I'm happy enough that the supplier rep will only complete fields in the first part of the form.

What I really want is to be able to send the form by email to a company and the recipient can send it to anyone within that company for them to sign. Could I, e.g. can assign relevant fields to "Signer 1" and add a signature field - with no email address specified - for "Signer 1" and assign other fields to me and a related signature field with my own email address specified.

I hope I'm explaining myself OK!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines