Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

3D Navigation

New Here ,
Jan 17, 2020 Jan 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

My company recently upgraded to Windows 10 with Adobe Acrobat Standard 2017. In the past I was able to use my 3DConnexion space mouse to pan and zoom in and out of PDF's while reviewing them. I can't do that at this point. How can I get this functionality back?

TOPICS
How to , Rich media and 3D

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Dec 06, 2023 Dec 06, 2023

That worked perfect for me.  I will likely now transfer to using Acrobat instead of Bluebeam Revu.  This was the last thing holding me back.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 17, 2020 Jan 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Terrance G,

We are sorry for the trouble. As described, you are unable to use 3DConnexion space mouse to zoom in/out of the PDF

Is this a behavior with a particular PDF file or with all the PDFs? Please try to zoom in/out on a different PDF file and check also try to use the mouse on a different document like Word or Excel and check for the issue.

Also, what is the version of the Adobe Acrobat Std 2017 installed on the computer?  To check the version of the application please use the help article (https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/identify-product-version.html)
make sure you have the latest version. Go to Help > Check for updates.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2020 Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has there been any progress with this question? I am experiencing the same problem. Using the 3D mouse was very intuitive as I use it for modeling and drafting applications alongside viewing .pdf documents. 

Adobe 2017 (Version 2017.001.30150) doesn't allow me to pan and zoom with my 3D connexion mouse like the previous versions in Windows 7 allowed me to. 

This is true with any .pdf, new or old. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 06, 2020 Apr 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi RMStanley

We are sorry to hear that. The version 2017.011.30150 is an old version of the Adobe Acrobat 2017.  

A new version 17.011.30166  released on 17th March 2020 is now available. Please update the application to the new version Go to Help > Check for Updates. Also, you may try downloading the patch manually using the link (https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/index.html) and see if that helps.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2020 May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

The same issue iss here (V 20.006.20042 - just checked and it is the latest). When I google the issue, a possible solution is presented here:

https://www.3dconnexion.eu/nc/service/faqs/faq/spacemouse-not-working-in-adobe-reader-dc.html

which links to this one:

https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/AppSec/sandboxprotections.html

Howver, when I am in the enhanced security setting ( see below - sorry, the language is Norwegian), the options 

- Enable Protected Mode at Startup

- Run in AppContainer

- Create Protected Mode log file

are not visable. 

The computer is a brand new Dell Precision 7710 and the use of the 3D spacemouse was possible on a almost new Dell 15". Both Adobe versions were exact. it is only in Adobe I have noticed this.

Please help. It was too nice of a feature to loose 😁

2020-05-08_12-09-37.png2020-05-08_12-06-32.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 29, 2020 May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry to hear that. Please try updating the application to the latest version 20.009.20065 and see if that makes any difference. Go to Help > Check for Updates

You may also take a look at the help article( https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/index.html ) for more information.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2021 Apr 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2021 and this is still a problem.

Freshly reinstalled win 10 pro, all freshly updated drivers, programs, ect.  Previously I was able to use my SpacePilot Pro with adobe reader DC, pan/zoom/ect.  Now it does not work at all.  The enhanced security checkbox thing, doesn't work, trashing/restoring the cfg file, does not work. making sure the specific plug in for the 3dconnexion is in the adobe plugins folder... does nothing.  My controller works flawlessly with all other applications new and old, and yet refuses to work with adobe.  Searching online I see this is a continual problem.

I am a CAD worker on a mult screen setup, frequently I have pdf's up with large charts of data/stats which I need to access while I'm in the CAD environment.  I cannot tell you how much of a punch in the gut it's been having the funtionality and now innexplicablely being removed.  It's screwed up my workflow something serious.

My only solution will be go to a previous version of reader which it worked... but oh I can't. Getting a previous, reliable, installer is an utter minefield of disaster waiting to happen.

Will you please fix this once and for all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 28, 2020 Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue - both my Adobe Acrobat Pro DC (20.012.20043) and my 3D connesion (10.6.9.3230) are up-to-date. On my other comuter my 3D mouse can pan and zoom PDFs perfectly - how do I eneable this behavious if is not working? it seams like this issue comes up every few months there the functionalty stops and then comes back. I have not found an aswer that works and checking that your software is up-to-dates is not the answer.

Also don't tell me I can pan zoom with the menues or keyboard shortcuts or the right hand mouse...

stephenn34011092_0-1598622236743.png

stephenn34011092_1-1598622298482.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 08, 2020 Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stephenn

We are sorry for the delay in response. As described you have the latest version of both the applications and still experiencing the issue.

It might be an issue with the configuration file. Please Go to %APPDATA%\3Dconnexion\3DxWare\Cfg and remove the corresponding XML file and then restore it from the recycle bin and see if that makes any difference.

Hope it will help

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has this issue been solved. Ive done al of the suggested things above and elsewhere and nothing works.

Everything is up to date on my end.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No,

I have tried this, I also tried to remove it and let a new one get generated, then I also pullte both the adobe pro DC and reader cfg files from a computer that it does work on and put them on the computer that it is not working on. none of these has let me pan and zoom a .pdf with my 3D mouse on the affected computer. Adobe says it is 3DConnexion, 3D Connexion says it is adobe - my drivers and programs are at the same and latest version on both computers. Very frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 07, 2020 Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

3D Connexion still doesn't work in Adobe. Has anyone figured out how to solve this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 13, 2020 Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also had the same issue today on my new company Dell Precision laptop, updated DC reader - disabling the sandbox security features and restarting the program worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 14, 2020 Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ammending my last post, I tried a number of permutations inside the Security (Enhanced) section and it appears that the "Run in AppContainer" setting in Windows 10 was the culprit. Disabling this option lets me use my 3d mouse again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 14, 2020 Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, can you please give instructions on how you did it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly as I described above...

1. Go Edit -> Preferences
  2. Go to the "Security (Enhanced)" category
  3. Uncheck "Run in AppContainer"
  4. Ok
  5. Restart Acrobat Reader

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope - still does not work.

stephenn34011092_0-1602799692380.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2020 Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

unfortunately your proposed setting´s instruction does not work. Do you have some other suggestion how to repair this issue? pic.jpgThank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2020 Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would that I did, I know how incredibly frustrating it is to set up on a new computer with (theoretically) the same hardware and software and have it just not work. In my (and I suspect your) case it most definitely was Adobe's fault though perhaps in the vein of trying to improve security (the extreme being, if no one uses their software it's 100% secure!). Not quite sure about stephenn's case since I see that 3dx calls the spacepilot pro a discontinued device, but as long as it still works in all other programs I'd still blame Adobe kneecaping the integration somewhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2021 Jan 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked for me. Many thanks.. This has been so frustrating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 23, 2022 May 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. It worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2022 Jun 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much!  Worked for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2023 Dec 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That worked perfect for me.  I will likely now transfer to using Acrobat instead of Bluebeam Revu.  This was the last thing holding me back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines