• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

3D PDF viewing not working on DC Pro

New Here ,
Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Acrobat DC and Acrobat Reader installed. I have multiple 3D PDF files which had been working with DC. Now the file pages open but the page is blank. I have tried these files on another PC using only Reader and they work fine. Trying to open the files on this PC from Reader does not work either.

TOPICS
Rich media and 3D

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@RickBechard  

We regret the inconvenience and thank you for reporting the issue to us.

Please share (if possible) the sample PDFs with us so that we can test them at our end.

Also, confirm if  "Flash Player is installed" on "another PC" where the PDFs are working correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "other PC" has a fresh install of Windows 10 and I have ony installed Acrobat Reader. I checked the program listing and it does not show Flash. 

Checking the issue a bit further, the 3D PDF itself functions as a stand alone file. It is when I hyperlink to the 3D from another larger PDF that there is an issue. The link opens the 3D file in a separate tab on the screen, but it is blank. This was working last year. I can't say when it stopped as I don't use the file much.

Difficult to attach much for you. This is sort of a technical manual. There is a main PDF file of 6gb. It consists of a table of contents that have links to sections of the manual that are separate PDF files. Inside those files are links to the 3D files. I would have to send you the whole 6gb file, but all the links are specified to a C\directory when the manual is installed to a PC.

I have attached one of the PDF files that has a link to a 3D in the main photo. I have also attached Word file with the screen image I get when I click the link to 3D.

As mentioned previously, This was all working the middle of last year and I had not revisited it for a while. As it works on the PC with only Reader, I am assuming there might have been an update to Acrobat DC that caused this.

Regards,

Rick Bechard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@RickBechard  

Thank you for sharing the test file and detailed observations.

We will try the workflow at our end and investigate further.

Please do share a video of your workflow. You can upload and share a public link.

We will reach out to you for more information.

-Bhavna

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines