Highlighted

5 mb (mailed) pdf turns into 129 mb pdf after opening(self signed signatures?)

Participant ,
Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning everyone,

I'm dumbfouned by something that is sporadically (but too often) is happening to a pdf form I designed with pro DC. (about 15 pages with scripts and whatnot).

As the title suggests the 5 mb files sometimes, for a specific pair of users (2 out of 40 users as far as I know) are suddenly ~130mb, far beyond what you can comfortably mail around. I suspect it has something to do with the self signed e-signatures on the form, of which two fields are filled. However the fields have no extra actions on signing or anything.. so I'm facing quite the mystery here, does anyone have any idea what might be the root cause of this strange occurance?

So far I've tried 

*De-selecting 'Include signature's revocation status when signing' option under edit>preferences>Signature.

* Printing to pdf (this reduces the 129 mb file to 26 mb, considerably better but still 5x bigger than the 5 mb file the others are 'producing'

Thank you in advance for any trouble to be taken

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

5 mb (mailed) pdf turns into 129 mb pdf after opening(self signed signatures?)

Participant ,
Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning everyone,

I'm dumbfouned by something that is sporadically (but too often) is happening to a pdf form I designed with pro DC. (about 15 pages with scripts and whatnot).

As the title suggests the 5 mb files sometimes, for a specific pair of users (2 out of 40 users as far as I know) are suddenly ~130mb, far beyond what you can comfortably mail around. I suspect it has something to do with the self signed e-signatures on the form, of which two fields are filled. However the fields have no extra actions on signing or anything.. so I'm facing quite the mystery here, does anyone have any idea what might be the root cause of this strange occurance?

So far I've tried 

*De-selecting 'Include signature's revocation status when signing' option under edit>preferences>Signature.

* Printing to pdf (this reduces the 129 mb file to 26 mb, considerably better but still 5x bigger than the 5 mb file the others are 'producing'

Thank you in advance for any trouble to be taken

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 04, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is virtually impossible for anyone here to assist without:

(1)  A sample PDF file (before and after ) exhibiting this dramatic increase in file size

(2)  Information as to what client the recipients of the 5MB files are using to open and process the form.

- Dov Isaacs, Principal Scientist, Adobe

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 04, 2020 1
Participant ,
Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Dov,

First off - thank you for your reply, I understand you need samples for this, I uploaded examples of the form here: https://we.tl/t-THBthQ8d6M . 

I'm suspecting the 'encrypt all' setting on the form (securing it from theft / shennanigans) is somehow involved, see the settings in the form below;

Wardenburg_1-1596697176887.png

The behavior I've confirmed is that the file is sent 5 as mb (signed et al.) then after opening sporadically goes to 129 mb. At the same time I've seen some (not the example file, for me atleast) go back from 129mb to the expected 4-5mb file size after opening and closing it (with adobe pro dc atleast).

All in all I'm at quite a loss what exactly is going on here, I hope someone here has seen something similiar and can help with a solve.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 06, 2020 0