Highlighted

A basic PDF question

New Here ,
Aug 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've downloaded a PDF file that I'd like to fill in using my computer but the file, of course, is "read only".  Can I get a free program to do this with or do I need to buy something from Adobe?
TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

A basic PDF question

New Here ,
Aug 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've downloaded a PDF file that I'd like to fill in using my computer but the file, of course, is "read only".  Can I get a free program to do this with or do I need to buy something from Adobe?
TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 22, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not seeing the file I can't say for sure but "Read Only" means that the creator locked the file. The creator can set the file to read only or prevent printing, etc. If they didn't want you to see it, you would have needed a password to even open it.

If there are sections on the page that the creator wants you to fill out, than that does sound strange.

When you click on the file does the entire page turn blue? Can you select any text (even if you cannot copy that text)?

Thanks, let us know

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 22, 2020 0
try67 LATEST
Most Valuable Participant ,
Aug 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unless the file is locked you can use the free Adobe (Acrobat) Reader to either fill in form fields (if they exist) or add comments to the file.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 22, 2020 0