• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

A button that automatically exports/saves as optimized pdf

Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there! As the title says I would like to create a button in Adobe forms that brings up the "Save as" dialog but by default the "optimized pdf" option should automatically be selected. I've already created this button, the "Save as" dialog appears but the "optimized pdf" option is not the default one. I allways have to manually select it from the drop down menu. Also it would be a great help if the name of the file could be automatically filled with the information taken from one or two of the form fields that the pdf file contains. For example I have a field with a person name and one field with a number and I would need those to automatically complete in the "File name" when the "Save as" dialog appears. Would this be possible?

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I would like to create a button in Adobe forms that brings up the "Save as" dialog but by default the "optimized pdf" option should automatically be selected"

Did you know that this function only exists in Acrobat Pro, so neither in Acrobat Reader nor Acrobat Standard nor any other PDF reader?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2020 Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is Acrobat Pro I am using. I've created the button which brings up the "Save as" dialog but I haven't figured out how to automatically select the "optimized pdf" option. As for the name of the file I guess that is not possible!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 07, 2020 Nov 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Action Wizard of Acrobat Pro you can create a action for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 07, 2020 Nov 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Neither of those things is possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines