• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Accessibility of Acrobat when not logged into CC account on device

Participant ,
Feb 03, 2021 Feb 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the vague subject line, I don't know the best way to articulate my question.

I'd like to know how I can set myself up to access/use Acrobat on my work laptop when I happen to not be logged into Creative Cloud on said device. This sounds more confusing than it really is, so bear with me!

Since Adobe only lets your CC account be active on 2 devices at a time (which is absolutely maddening to me! why can't it be 3?!), I'm constantly going back and forth between my work laptop and one of my personal laptops, activating/deactivating my CC account, depending on what I'm working on or where I am. [Note: I have a second personal laptop that I keep actively logged in at all times, so that counts as 1 of the 2 active devices at any given moment.] But I get into a bit of a self-created pickle at times when I need to open a PDF (simply to read it) on one laptop but my CC account is active on the other laptop. Yes, I know it only takes a few clicks to activate CC on a device, but sometimes I have several programs open on the active device and I don't want to deactivate that session before having a chance to save my work or whatever, just so I can open one dinky PDF. And, full disclosure, sometimes I also just don't want to commit to fully activating/deactivating my account on the device when I just need to use one app for 10 minutes! Like, come on, just let me open this real quick so I can print it!

My current workaround has been to open the PDF file in Preview, rather than Acrobat, to avoid getting the passive-aggressive CC sign-in window. But what I would LOVE is to somehow be able to access Acrobat without officially signing in and deactivating/activating my CC account. I'm not sure if there's a free Acrobat (or Acrobat Reader?) account that I could create and use that on the non-active device? Or maybe there's a more obvious solution that I just don't know about. Any suggestions are welcome and greatly appreciated!!

In the meantime, if anyone from Adobe is listening, please increase the active users to THREE!!!! 

Thank you.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , How to , PDF forms , Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 03, 2021 Feb 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only solution I know is to buy another license. You can buy Acrobat as a standalone product, not part of Creative Cloud.

And if you do that, I strongly urge you to create a different user/login from the Creative Cloud subscription.

Adobe has a tendency to really screw up  your licenses and products in cases with multiple "users."

—Small design studio owner with multiple licenses...I speak from experience!

|    Bevi Chagnon   |  Designer & Technologist for Accessible Documents
|    Classes & Books for Accessible InDesign, PDFs & MS Office |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Commenting on here in an attempt to bring it back to the attention of someone at Adobe. Would LOVE and VALUE the ability to sign into 3 devices with my Adobe CC account. I would even keep it to myself if you just covertly enabled this feature on my account. Please. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

you would probably have more luck putting the request here -https://creativecloud.uservoice.com/forums/923269-other-sections-feature-request-or-feedback

Although i wouldn't expect it anytime soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2023 Feb 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did anyone have a solution to this question? Im trying to resolve the same issue. There are times when Im logged in elsewhere and want to read a pdf on my laptop, without internet access to log on. Considering this just requires the free reader app, whish is downloaded on my laptop, surely it should be accessible regardless. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines