• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

accessiblity reading order

New Here ,
Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why does adobe change the reading order when reading for accessibility in pdf form. Shouldn't it go from how the text is flowed in indesign. I always have my copy flow from text box to text box, in reading order. But when I review in acrobat it is changed to the wrong order.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

I figured it out, it was a layering issue

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figured it out, it was a layering issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Diane!

Glad to know that the issue is resolved. Thank you for updating the thread.

It would help others with a similar issue.

Let us know if we can be of any help.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 03, 2021 Feb 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can also control the read order and tagging order by putting all of your content in InDesign's "Articles" pane and choose the "use for tagging order in tagged PDF" option inside the drop-down menu of the Articles pane.

For threaded content, you only need to put the first text frame into the Articles pane. So, for a threaded book, only the first frame is necessary + all other individual items (like table of contents or a call out box). Using the Articles pane is GREAT when you have a newsletter (for example) that has a variety of text frames in a variety of locations all over the page. YOU get to decide the read order INSIDE the ARTICLES pane. Simple drop and drag into the Article pane, then drag them into any order you choose.

The articles pane will let you select and drag items into the order you want on your PDF output.

Mary Helen Shuff | Art Director & Senior Graphic Designer | 508-Compliancy Coordinator | Forms Coordinator | Printing Liaison

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines