Highlighted

accidently locked document

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was editing a document trying to enter a special character and accidently pressed CTRL 234 instead of ALT 234. That caused the file to be secured. How do I unsecure it now?

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by Test Screen Name | Most Valuable Participant

Ctrl+2 - zoom to fit width

Ctrl+3 - zoom to fit visible

Ctrl+4 - show reflowable document 

If you try to edit a reflowable document it says (wrongly) "This is a secured document. Editing is not permitted".

Undo with Ctrl+4 again.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

accidently locked document

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was editing a document trying to enter a special character and accidently pressed CTRL 234 instead of ALT 234. That caused the file to be secured. How do I unsecure it now?

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by Test Screen Name | Most Valuable Participant

If you try to edit a reflowable document it says (wrongly) "This is a secured document. Editing is not permitted".

Undo with Ctrl+4 again.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 16, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand how Ctrl-234 can secure the document. Did it bring up any menus or dialogs? How do you know that the file was secured? What does the Security tab on the document properties dialog show (Ctrl-D or Cmd-D on a Mac)? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 16, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

right after I did that, the formatting I had been doing changed and I went back to fix it and it would not allow me to edit it any mode. Said it was secured.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 16, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What does the document properties>security dialog say?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 16, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Undo with Ctrl+4 again.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 16, 2020 1
Bill50BA LATEST
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

APPARENTLY, that is what happened. My fingers studdered and what I actually entered was CTRL + 4 as I was able to reproduce that.

The security dialog indicates it has not been secured for anything, but it won't let me edit it, and the popup says it is secured.

I previously tried CTRL + 234 again, but it didn't work because it was CTRL + 4.

Sounds like a bug.

Thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 16, 2020 0