Contributor ,
Oct 08, 2020 Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

System:

Acrobat Pro 2020 (Release Classic) Version 2020.001.30005
Windows 10 / 2004,  Build 19041.508

Problem description:
In Microsoft Office 2010 and all other programs, Acrobat doesn't ...

• create a PDF in MS-Office files with the PDF-Maker-Office-Com Addin.
  • print in any program when I use the command File > Print > Adobe PDF
  • create a PDF in Acrobat Pro 2020 when I use the command File > Create > PDF from file ... with MS-Office files (no problem with pictures - i.e. *.jpg, *.tif, *.png ect.)
  • The Distiller doesn't work either, see below for the error message.

What I've done so far:

These are the error messages:

• Addin for PDF in MS-Office 2010 and Acrobat Distiller:
    Ihre Anfrage konnte nicht ausgeführt werden. Ihre Adobe-Lizenz ist entweder abgelaufen oder wurde nicht aktiviert. 
    [Your request could not be completed. Adobe Acrobat license has either expired or not been activated.]
  • Using the File > Print command in any program:
    Aufgrund eines Problems mit der Druckereinrichtung kann von Windows nicht gedruckt werden.
    [Windows cannot print due to a problem with the printer setup.]
    OR
    Der Drucker konnte nicht gestartet werden. Bitte überprüfen Sie ihre Druckerkonfiguration.
    [The printer could not start. Please check your printer configuration.]
  • Acrobat 2020 > File > Create > PDF from file ... 
    Es ist ein unerwarteter Fehler aufgetreten. PDF-Maker konnte die PDF-Datei nicht erstellen.
    [An unexpected error has occurred. PDF Maker could not create the PDF file.]

Any idea what I can do? 

There weren't any problems with Acrobat 10 (Creative Suite CS 6). Acrobat 10 has been deinstalled automatically, when I installed Acrobat Pro 2020.

Ute

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 08, 2020 Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ute, 

you have already done all the things I would have recommended. Given that uninsalling Acrobat and running the Cleaner does not make it work, we can rule out a misconfiguration of Acrobat due to "bit rot" in the Windows registry or some configuration files - at least not on the Acrobat side. Have you tried to re-install MS Office?

When you say that "File>Print" does not work from any application, does that mean that you cannot print to a "real" printer from other applications? That would rule out a problem with Acrobat and would point to something in the operating system's print subsystem. If I am misunderstanding, please read on, but if that's the case, a repair of Windows would be appropriate. 

If it's not a problem with all printers, then here is what I would do next: Do you have another user set up on your computer? If not, create a new user and then log in as that user and try to create a PDF file from e.g. MS Word. Does that work? If it does, it points to a problem with your user account setup. Unfortunately, I don't have a recipe to fix that, you would have to see what application caused it and then repair/re-install that application. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 11, 2020 Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

First of all: Thank you for your suggestions!

My real printers (Brother, HP) print and scan without trouble.
Photoshop / InDesign / Corel Draw / Affinity-Suite / Libre Office and Microsoft Print to PDF export their files as PDF perfect, but sadly without bookmarks.

What I've tried in the meantime:

I created a new user  etc. > no effect.

I deactivated the "Microsoft Print to PDF" function > no effect.
I uninstalled / reinstalled the MS-Office > no effect.

I read many Internet pages (by Adobe and Microsoft) with similar problems but not exactly my issues.

I've tested different filetypes:
PDF from image, media, html, scan, website, clipboard (if an image) are ok.
But with all file types that need the PDF-Maker ( MS-Office Acrobat addin) or the Distiller (eps, ps, prn) Acrobat doesn't create PDFs.

At last I installed Acrobat Pro 2020 on a second computer. It still runs the previous Windows version 10/1909: No problems at all, Acrobat runs as smoothly as ever! Unfortunately this second machine is a small notebook and not very suitable for everyday work.

Any more ideas?

Is there a board for bugs and error messages read by the Acrobat technicians (like for InDesign and Photoshop)?

Ute

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines