• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrbat Pro DC Action Wizard > Folders to be Processed > How to limit action to only .PDF?

New Here ,
Feb 11, 2019 Feb 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In this case, I want to find .pdf's in many folders and save/convert them to .EPS files that remain in the folder with the original .PDF.  This does work.

When creating the action, I can select the Folder hierarchy as desired, and all the pdf's are found and .EPS files are created as desired.

The problem is this:  If there are other file types in that folder, such as .PNG, .PS, .EPS, etc., it also converts those files as well, first to a .pdf then to the .eps.

How can I filter the files to ONLY do the .PDF extensions?

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 11, 2019 Feb 11, 2019

This used to be possible, but isn't any longer, unfortunately. You'll need to manually remove all non-PDFs before running the Action if you don't want them converted.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This used to be possible, but isn't any longer, unfortunately. You'll need to manually remove all non-PDFs before running the Action if you don't want them converted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.  Since I have over 50,000 files nested in nearly that same number of individual folders, that is not a practical solution for me. I will now need to try to source a third-party solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2020 Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@smontoney, did you ever find a solution?  I'm looking for the exact same thing.  Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 14, 2020 Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's no solution to this within Acrobat. If you want to only process PDF files you have to only select them, or remove all non-PDFs from the selected folder(s). This can be done using a simple file search application: Search for all files in the folder (and all sub-folders), sort by type, select all but the PDF files and delete.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2022 Jan 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My solution for my purposes was to image the source directory to another temporary one, but in the copy prompt only process *.pdf files

On windows I used XCOPY -

XCOPY "C:\utils\*.pdf" "D:\Backup\utilspdfs" /s /i

I then processed that folder with action wizard, then copy pasted back into original folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines