Acrobad DC Fill & Sign is lagging badly (on Mac)

Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am used to fill and sign documents on Acrobat DC. Since some recent update this feature became extremely laggy. Every little change in the text, every mouse click turns into the spinning wheel of death for numerous seconds. It is virtually impossible to use this feature anymore. I tried on different PDF documents - same result. I tried reinstalling Acrobat and deleting the Prefs files - no change. I also cannot roll back to any older version as the CC doesn't allow it... I feel kind of stuck. Trying to do the same in Apple Preview, but it's not as convenient as Acrobat.

I am on Mac OS High Sierra

I have a beast of a machine, so performance is not an issue...

TOPICS
Crash or freeze, Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Acrobad DC Fill & Sign is lagging badly (on Mac)

Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am used to fill and sign documents on Acrobat DC. Since some recent update this feature became extremely laggy. Every little change in the text, every mouse click turns into the spinning wheel of death for numerous seconds. It is virtually impossible to use this feature anymore. I tried on different PDF documents - same result. I tried reinstalling Acrobat and deleting the Prefs files - no change. I also cannot roll back to any older version as the CC doesn't allow it... I feel kind of stuck. Trying to do the same in Apple Preview, but it's not as convenient as Acrobat.

I am on Mac OS High Sierra

I have a beast of a machine, so performance is not an issue...

TOPICS
Crash or freeze, Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 11, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sesamme

We are sorry for the trouble. As described the fill and sign is slow and laggy.

Have you started experiencing this issue after a recent update? Would you mind sharing the version of the Adobe Adobe Acrobat DC you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Adobe Acrobat DC and make sure you have the latest version 20.12.20041. Go to Help > Check for updates.

Is this a behavior with a particular PDF file or with all the PDFs? Please try with a different PDF file and check.

If the PDF file is stored on a shared network/drive please try to download the file to your computer locally and try to open with Adobe Acrobat/Reader DC application and check.

As you have aleady tried to remove and reintall the application and even tried to reset the preferences, you may please try to turn off the protected mode for testing. Go to Edit (Windows) , Adobe Acrobat?Reader DC (Mac) > Preferences > Enhanced Security  > And turn off the Protected Mode and Uncheck the Enhanced Security > Click OK and Reboot the application and check.
Note: Please turn on the security after testing.

If it still doesn't work, please try to create a new test user profile with full admin rights in Windows or enable the root account in Mac and try using the application there and check.

Keep us posted with the results

Regards

Amal

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 11, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you please share the below information :

1. Can you try using some other applications like Edit PDF/Comment. Do you experience any sort of lag there as well?

2. When you encounter the crash, go to Activity Monitor > Select Acrobat Application > Click on the wheel icon > Choose Spin Dump. Please share the dump with us.

Regards,

Sandeep Grover

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 11, 2020 0