Highlighted

Acrobat 2020 immediately crashes - PC

New Here ,
Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed Acrobat 2020 and it immediately closes and gives the "acrobat licensing application something went wrong error." Customer support for Adobe is a massive joke. I was transferred so many times, no one had any clue (seriously, hours). I have tried clean uninstall, reinstall, fixing root files, register edits, all with no luck. Help! 

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Acrobat 2020 immediately crashes - PC

New Here ,
Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed Acrobat 2020 and it immediately closes and gives the "acrobat licensing application something went wrong error." Customer support for Adobe is a massive joke. I was transferred so many times, no one had any clue (seriously, hours). I have tried clean uninstall, reinstall, fixing root files, register edits, all with no luck. Help! 

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 25, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. PC was cloned over with a Acrobat Standard 2017 installation but I uninstalled that ran the Reader/Acrobat cleaner utility on the PC to remove any artifacts that may have remained. Then installed Acrobat Standard 2020 that was purchased from Amazon. I went through every hoop that was asked by redeeming the code from Amazon on the Acrobat site. Received the serial number and downloaded the installer. Everything appeared to go smoothly but one after second Acrobat starts up, I get the "something went wrong" error. There isn't even any entries of Acrobat 2020 abnormally ending. Is there a SAFE Mode startup switch from a command prompt?

Any help?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 25, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ended up using chat for a while and kept getting transferred, so much so that chat said they had to call me. A tech called a day later and took control of my computer and moved a few files around and fixed it. Ask chat support to have a higher level tech call you back!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 25, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey! 

Sorry for the delay in response.

If you are still experiencing the issue and receive the error message when installing the application on Mac, please refer to the steps suggested in the following community thread: https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/error-sorry-something-went-wrong-please-try-launching-acrobat...

Check if that helps.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 28, 2020 0