• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat 7 Pro crashing on document close

Explorer ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know that Acrobat 7 Pro is not supported for recent version fo Windows, but with a few exceptions (no Acrobat printer, Save as PNG doesn't work) it was working fine for me for quite some time under Windows 10, 64-bit.

Now, on a regular basis, Acrobat freezes and eventually crashes when closing a document. This happens about 20-25% of the time.

Does anyone have any ideas about why this has started happening, and possibly how to prevent it? Could a Windows update be responsible?

I would consider updating, but franky I much prefer the look and feel of the old version of Acrobat, so an upgrade would be a step backwards for me.

TIA

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure to install all available updates and try running it in Compatibility Mode with an earlier OS, like Windows 7 or even an earlier version than that. That's about all you can do to get this ancient version to work, and still problems are to be expected...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

One tip: do NOT try to uninstall or reinstall. You can no longer activate Acrobat 7, so you could be left with nothing. 

Bear in mind Windows 10 is continually being changed by Microsoft, so you can expect older apps to fail, one by one. It isn't like older versions of Windows where you could stay on Windows 7 or 8 and know it wouldn't change much under the hood.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines