Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat 8 and Windows 7 Don't Work

Sep 19, 2012 Sep 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just loaded Windows 7, now my Adobe Acrobat 8 doesn't create or combine pdfs.  Reloaded Acrobat 8 and still doesn't work.  Is there a patch to work with windows 7?

Thanks,

Steve

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat 8 Professional might work with Windows7, but the Setup may or may not fails to create PDF Printer. Go through the following link to know more details http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itproappcompat/thread/d469aebc-e008-4aa4-9bb4-f15... .

FYI Acrobat 9 is compatible with Windows 7, lower versions have not got Windows 7 Compatible Certification. You can confirm it by checking in this linkhttp://www.microsoft.com/windows/compatibility/windows-7/en-us/Search.aspx?type=Software&s=Acrobat .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many folks have gotten AA8 to work on Win7. You left out an important part. Is the system a 32 or 64-bit system. I have only heard of one report suggesting that AA8 will work on a 64-bit system, and I am not sure about the report. If you have a 64-bit system, you will likely need to upgrade, though if you play around you might be successful in finding a solution (Adobe will not help since it is not a certified platform, but some folks here might if they have been successful).

In any case, after installation you will need to do the updates for proper operation. If you can not do them from within Acrobat, you may have to download them from http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?product=1&platform=Windows. You need to install the updates in ORDER unless indicated other wise. Reboots can typically be saved until the last update is installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2013 Mar 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I finally got Acrobat 8 to work on my 64 bit windows 7 system. I put in all in a file in case I ever need to reload it. Here is what worked for me.

To install Acrobat 8 on Windows 7

1. Find folder data1.cab in installation files and drag AdobePDF.dll_64 onto desktop. Rename file AdobePDF.dll by deleting _64.

2. Start installation process and when asked for file AdobePDF.dll from Vista disk use browse button and direct installation to file on desktop.

3. After installation is complete try update (Help/Check for Updates) and after that check the version (Help/about ...). You need to update to at least ver. 8.1. If the Check for updates does not work - go to:

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?product=1&platform=Windows

and do AT LEAST the 8.1 update.

4. Now you may try to print to the Adobe PDF printer but it probably will not work. If not, you will need to go to the Devices and Printers/Adobe PDF/Printer Properties/Advanced and set it to "Print Directly to Printer".

That process should allow you to create .pdf files from the print menu. But be advised that sometimes it is necessary to click on the flashing icon in the lower tray to bring up the "Save" box after the print is initiated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 09, 2013 Mar 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for posting your solution. It is also nice to know how someone got AA8 to work on Win7-64 bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2013 Mar 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an addition to my post above.

5. As updates are made, the update process may create multiple Adobe PDF printers. The last one created has the best chance of working. Having 8 or 10 Adobe printers in the menu is a problem - but there is a solution. Delete ALL of the Adobe printers and then go into the control panel and initiate the uninstall/change process for Acrobat. Click on "Repair" and allow it to go through the process. Then there will be only one Adobe printer and it MAY work correctly without any other changes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 11, 2013 Mar 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would just go to the Start>Printers menu and delete all but one Adobe PDF printer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines