• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat 9 prints half landscape page from windows 7 home

New Here ,
Dec 12, 2009 Dec 12, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat 9 reader prints to 1/2 page in landscape mode. The only way I could get it to print correctly in portrait mode, full page was to choose advanced print option and select "Print as Image". I have tried every combination of print dialog settings, updated my printer driver, updated acrobat, and nothing else worked. Every other application works fine except acrobat 9. How can I get acrobat to print a full portrait page without selecting print as image?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 12, 2009 Dec 12, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you try printing to a different printer to see if it is a printer driver issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2009 Dec 13, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have another printer. It does print the test page properly. Other programs, microsoft office, print correctly. Photoshop prints correctly. The problem only shows up when printing from Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could try printing to another PDF to see if that does the job.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It did print to a pdf just fine. When I then tried to print to the printer it was still not working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 27, 2010 Dec 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this same problem as of an update a few weeks ago. I too have foudn that I must print "as image" is the only way I can get it to print on a full 8X10 page. If not, it prints 1/2 of a landscape shaped page. Pissing me off. Don't have any solution to this yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, I have tried printing to another PDF too. it works fine, but when I print that document it still prints the 1/2 page landscape.  All other programs print correctly, only PDF's and only on this windows 7 machine. Our vista machine and all our Mac's print fine... its weird.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uninstall the Adobe Reader and try installing the Adobe Reader X  http://get.adobe.com/reader/

Try printing from Adobe Reader X.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2011 Feb 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was this issue ever resolved?  I have the same problem.  I have Adobe X on a windows 7 machine and when I print any PDF, it prints it in landscape orientation on half the sheet and kicks out another blank sheet of paper.  I can print anything else to that printer without any problems and I can print PDF's to other printers and they print just fine.  I have a Xerox Phaser 6250DP printer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 14, 2011 Apr 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue: Windows 7 x64 with Acrobat X pro prints on Xerox 6250 DP half page landscape. It only happens with pdf printing. PDF will print correctly on other printers, and other formats print correctly on Xerox 6250DP. Any solutions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2011 May 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem. Using Acrobat X, Win 7 64, Xerox Phaser 8500. I've tried everything possible and cannot get a pdf to print in a full, portrait page. I've completely uninstalled everything and re-installed. No success. Extremely frustrating. Yes, image mode prints fine, but that is slow and should not need to be used. Is this a Zerox driver problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2011 May 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have this problem, and I am thankful you guys wrote to "print as image".  I believe it is a glitch between Xerox printers and Adobe Reader/Adobe Reader X.  I was hooked up to Xerox Phaser 8560DN-279 and all .pdfs were printing in half page, booklet form.  I uninstalled and reinstalled my printer driver along with uninstalling and reinstalling Adobe Reader.  Tried re-printing and it still printed in booklet form.  I then attached my computer to an HP printer, and it printed fine, full 8.5x11.  So I thought it was the printer connection.  I then attached a 3rd printer to my computer, Xerox Phaser 8560MFP, and once again all .pdfs were printed in booklet form.  So it seems to be to be a problem with adobe reader and xerox printers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2011 May 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a solution that works for me. Unload all Xerox Phaser drivers

from your system. Then install ONLY the Postscript driver. I did this

with the help of a Xerox support technician and everything prints as

it should. I'm running Win7 64-bit, Adobe Acrobat X. So far so good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2011 Jun 01, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same problem.  Using Xerox 8560N on Win 7 64 bit.  This solution worked for me as well.  Thanks for posting!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 01, 2011 Jun 01, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Using Xerox 6250 and Acrobat X and installing the PS driver version

5048.300.0 on a Windows 7 x64 worked fine. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines