Highlighted

Acrobat 9 Pro Error

New Here ,
Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope someone can help me. I purchased Adobe Acrobat Pro 9 back in the day when programs were sent on a disc (and I cannot find that original disc today). Recently I had a problem with my hard drive and afterward fixing it Acrobat 9 would not open. When I attempt to open it the application it wants to reinstall the entire program and begins to run "set up". After following the set up

Capture.JPG

prompts I get a "fatal error" notification and a code. Above is a screenshot of that fatal error code. I only use Acrobat a few times a year and do not want to have to purchase it yet again. Thanks so much for your help!

John Lentz

[ Mod: Removed email address ]

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Acrobat 9 Pro Error

New Here ,
Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope someone can help me. I purchased Adobe Acrobat Pro 9 back in the day when programs were sent on a disc (and I cannot find that original disc today). Recently I had a problem with my hard drive and afterward fixing it Acrobat 9 would not open. When I attempt to open it the application it wants to reinstall the entire program and begins to run "set up". After following the set up

Capture.JPG

prompts I get a "fatal error" notification and a code. Above is a screenshot of that fatal error code. I only use Acrobat a few times a year and do not want to have to purchase it yet again. Thanks so much for your help!

John Lentz

[ Mod: Removed email address ]

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 02, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have a backup of your computer that you could restore? Adobe no longer distributes the installer for Acrobat 9 (it has been unsupported for a long time now), so it's either finding the original installation CD, or finding a backup. There is unfortuantely not another option. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 02, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Karl, thanks for your kind and prompt response! 

I do have "Macrium Reflect" running backup on the computer. I'm afraid that my old version of Acrobat 9 Pro may not have been backed up, but this is certainly a great suggestion and I'm going to try it.
Thank you again!
John

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 02, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Keep in mind that this version is not compatible with any current operating system, so chances are you will get all kinds of strange errors, even if you were able to install it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 02, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

You're probably right. I am still running Win 7 and hope to continue to do so for some while. I would hate to start all over with a new OS, learn its nuances, and to try to reload all of my programs onto/into the new system.
I am going to try Karl's suggestion about going to my backup files. I am amazed at the promptness of responses on this Adobe site. Thanks so much for posting, it is much appreciated.
John

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 02, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're on Windows 7 then you can get it to work, most likely. After the initial installation make sure to update it to the latest version available, which is 9.5.5, and it should work. The updates are still available on Adobe's FTP site: ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/acrobat/win/9.x/

You need to install them in order, one by one, from your current version.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 02, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much. I appreciate your help and will try that.

John

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 02, 2020 0