• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat 9 to Acrobat 2017 Perpetual

Explorer ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Earlier I had posted that I wanted to update Acrobat Standard 9 to 9.1,  I thought 9.1 fixed the security vulnerabilities. I went to the FTP site to download the update and it would not update my installation. 

So, Adobe is offering Acrobat 2017 Standard Perpetual License for $119.  Is this the least expensive way for me?  I can't afford a $13/mo fee for the new version.

Thanks!

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat 2017 is 4 years old, you should prefer the latest version, Acrobat 2020:

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/acrobat-2020-downloads.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but I cannot afford the 2020 version. That is why i was leaning towards the 2017 Acrobat Perpetual license. This woul get me off the Acrobat 9 which has security vulnerabilities.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're more likely to get a pirated version, if you're lucky, or one full of viruses and malware, if you're not... Either way, you'll be throwing your money away and risking your computer just to save a couple of bucks. It's not a risk worth taking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

based on your reply. I went back and looked at the interaction I had with someone who replied to my initial post.  They told me to reply to 

Adobe Systems Incorporated <Adob24x7Care@outlook.com>

Do you think this is legit?  The email is from a domain of outlook.com  ???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe doesn't sell Acrobat 2017 any longer, and I would strongly recommend you don't buy it from other places, unless they are official Adobe resellers. And no, you can't upgrade from Acrobat 9 to 2017.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe support just sent me an invoice for the 2017 Acrobat Perpetual License.  So, I guess they still are.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's very odd. On the website it's not available.

How did you got in touch with them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you contact this "Adobe support"? Adobe don't sell 2017, and don't offer discounts on old versions. BEWARE OF SCAMMERS, you will end up with less than nothing!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

$119 can't be the correct price surely. Maybe you chose upgrade pricing, for which it is far too late. Should be around $300.  Anyway only Acrobat 2020 is sold today. Did someone send you a price in a private message? If so, they are a scammer, trying to steal from you and Adobe at the same time. Don't reply!! Or did you find the price on the web? Most "sellers" are thieves. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went back and looked at the interaction I had with someone who replied to my initial post.  They told me to reply to 

Adobe Systems Incorporated <Adob24x7Care@outlook.com>

Do you think this is legit?  The email is from a domain of outlook.com  ???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Absolutely not legit! Adobe employees will only have email addresses in the adobe.com domain.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did they contact you via the forum? If so, please share their username so we can ban them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks, Jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got an email from them. They did not interact on the forum.  How did they get my email?

See the legit looking invoice they sent me.

[Image with private information removed]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course, anyone can make a fake invoice, but the email is concerning. Take a look at that email. Wasn't it just a message sent by the Adobe forums, inviting you to email them? Once you email them, they now have your real email... so does everyone else who downloads your picture, by the way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See the image below. I got it from a Rick Cannata as a PM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They phished you. They got you to email them back your details.

Hopefully you didn't give them any money, sensitive information (like credit-card details) or access to your computer...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope.  Gave them nothing more than my email address and mailing address.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Notice it's not just the email, it's also their name and full address... Unless you've given it to them (for example, by replying to a private message via email, which can include such details in the signature) they might have gotten it from one of the data leaks that the Adobe website had in the last couple of years.

This is very concerning if that's the case, though, as it means they can basically contact all of Adobe's customers, pretending to be them and trying to get them to buy "discounted" software, like they did with you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks everyone. I thought something smelled fishy with the exchange I had with them.

I am going through my forum interactions and I can't see where they interacted with me there. How did they get my email address? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What was the very first contact you had with them? You will not see their interaction when you visit the forum - that's the public forum, visible to everyone in the world. They will have sent you a private message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS. Since we saved your $120 from going down the tube, you can now afford to subscribe to Acrobat DC for at least 10 months...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LOL,  yup looking at doing that now.

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I've been contacted by Adobe Systems Incorporated <Adob24x7Care@outlook.com> 

regarding the Perpetual licence situation When I tried to use Dreamweaver and was presented with a need for authorisation code page

I think I picked up the link to them  from a community page and being desprate to get into update webpages did not notice the @outlook 
I was offered CS 6 Perpetual licence but have been ill and not persuing it since 22Feb  when I was informed servers had been sut down as nologer supporting CS3  not sure why I would need servers ?? 
19th March I received an email on suject and was going to take it furthe when I noticed the at Outlook address 

But I'm still in the situation that I cannot acess CS3 Perpetual programmes which I have running on my 2008 Mac Pro and would like to keep that system running 

I have set up a CC All Apps account but the learning curve and glitches that keep occuring are not enamouring me to the system 

And in this world of environmental awarness why scrap what works ... Help!  would apreciate any  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines