Highlighted

Acrobat 9 will not uninstall from Mac OS Catalina

New Here ,
Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had Acrobat 9 installed for years on my MacBook Pro. With Catalina it will not run, nor will the uninstaller run. I purchased Adobe Acrobat Pro DC and installed it. I deleted the Acrobat 9 folder in apps but now I cannot print or save pdf files from the web to pdf digital documents as the save option is grayed out and the print option continues to list Acrobat 9 as the digital printer.   

Hi There,

Thanks for reporting the same here.

Before installing the Acrobat Pro DC, run the cleaner tool for removing any trace of older version installed.

Link - https://labs.adobe.com/downloads/acrobatcleaner.html#:~:text=Adobe%20Labs%20Downloads-,Adobe%20Reader%20and%20Acrobat%20Cleaner%20Tool,during%20a%20standard%20program%20uninstall.

After that, re-install the Acrobat Pro DC. This might fix the issue you're facing.

Please let us know, if anything else is required from our end.

Regards,

Swapnil Srivastava

TOPICS
Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Acrobat 9 will not uninstall from Mac OS Catalina

New Here ,
Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had Acrobat 9 installed for years on my MacBook Pro. With Catalina it will not run, nor will the uninstaller run. I purchased Adobe Acrobat Pro DC and installed it. I deleted the Acrobat 9 folder in apps but now I cannot print or save pdf files from the web to pdf digital documents as the save option is grayed out and the print option continues to list Acrobat 9 as the digital printer.   

Hi There,

Before installing the Acrobat Pro DC, run the cleaner tool for removing any trace of older version installed.

Link - https://labs.adobe.com/downloads/acrobatcleaner.html#:~:text=Adobe%20Labs%20Downloads-,Adobe%20Reader%20and%20Acrobat%20Cleaner%20Tool,during%20a%20standard%20program%20uninstall.

After that, re-install the Acrobat Pro DC. This might fix the issue you're facing.

Regards,

Swapnil Srivastava

TOPICS
Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 29, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat 9 is 32-bit and reached end-of-life in 2013. Catalina will not run 32-bit applications. You can either run an older OS through Parallels or VMWare, or you can upgrade to the current version of Acrobat. Here are the plans:

https://acrobat.adobe.com/us/en/acrobat/pricing.html

~ Jane

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 29, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, Jane. Got that. I installed Acrobat Pro DC last week but the Acrobat 9 uninstaller also will not work and my system insists on trying to print to Acrobat 9, which is no longer there. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 29, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

Link - https://labs.adobe.com/downloads/acrobatcleaner.html#:~:text=Adobe%20Labs%20Downloads-,Adobe%20Reade...

Regards,

Swapnil Srivastava

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 29, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 30, 2020 0