• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Acrobat DC 2015 end of life/support nag screen will not go away. How to get it to stop?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2020 Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using a bought and paid for genuinely licensed copy of Adobe Acrobat DC 2015.  However, every time I open Adobe as of 10/2/2020 I get a prompt from the "Adobe Genuine Software Integrity Service" advising the following:

"Reminder: Support for Adobe Acrobat 2015 is no longer available.

As outlined in the Adobe Support Lifecycle Policy, technical and product support for Acrobat 2015 has been discontinued as of July 7, 2020.

You may continue to use Acrobat 2015, but Adobe will no longer provide any updates, address any existing bugs, security issues, or provide technical support. By upgrading to the newest version of Acrobat, you will benefit from the latest functional enhancements and improved security measures.

Visit our blog for more information or contact Adobe support for additional help.

I have tried calling support and have been transferred around and hung up on by support agents out of sheer frustration (assuming) for not knowing what to do but the following suggestions were made:

1. Buy Adobe DC to continue getting support - I do not care for that option as my only complaint with Acrobat 2015 is this nag screen
  2. Un-install and re-install - no luck
  3. One agent suggested that my copy is pirated and hung up on me after really just not even hearing out what the actual issue was.

The nag screen appears every time I open Adobe Acrobat Pro DC 2015 and gives me the options of "Dismiss" or "Learn More."  It stays on top of all other windows until action is taken.  Dismiss will temporarily dismiss and learn more gives me information on how to upgrade licenses.  I need for this nag screen to go away.  Any tips for how to do so?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 14, 2020 Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same thing.  I'm not even running Adobe 2015.  They need to fix it.  I found a fix in the forum but I do not suggest it.  1. it messes with the "authentication" file (adobeGCClient.exe) which could be a bad thing 2. it appears that not long after people do the fix, it comes back.

I get it not only when I start Adobe, but about every 5 minutes from then on while trying to work.  I'm actually running DC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 14, 2020 Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an old install file.  Thinking of running it and just not updating past the original download.  The 2015 file, itself has a few bugs that caused me shut-downs but I save often and it would be less hassle than this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2020 Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this same problem since yesterday morning and it's making getting any work done nearly impossible since I deal with PDFs all day long. I was going to try and contact "support" but after reading this, I  see that this is probably futile as well. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2020 Nov 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I started to have the same problem on November 6th too. Called customer support and got bounced around to three exceedingly polite people that told me that I was out of luck and should buy a new copy of Acrobat DC. I sometimes think Adobe is either very unethical, inept or both.

My work around is to move the pop-up to the edge of my screen so that it is barely visible. That works until I reboot. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

November 11, same thing. Offered me Acrobat Pro 2020 for $449. Not at all what I am looking for, which is to continue using a product that I paid for without interference.

I will try my state's attorney general. I don't think a company is allowed to destroy the product you bought because they changed their business plan after you bought it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2020 Dec 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Mine actually went away with no action of my own about a month ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines