Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat COPY and Paste textfield problems

Explorer ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have attached a form titled: "test copy.pdf" and there is custom code in some fields. I have also attached screenshots of the problem. I wrote the actual problem on the pdf form BUT for the purpose of this forum: I am struggling to do what should be the most basic thing of all: "copy and paste". I am attempting to simply copy text that is already pre-filled in advance WITH textbox text that is user input so that I can then copy and paste on an email when I send an email out. Please see attached document and screenshots and thank you in advance for your valuable help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I moved your post over from the poorly named "Using the Community" forum, which is for getting help using this forum system, to a better forum.

I hope this helps. Best of luck to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you're trying to do might seem "basic", but it's not. Static text and text in a form field exist in completely different "places" in the PDF file, so selecting both of them at the same time is simply not possible (at least not in the current implementation of Acrobat). If you want to be able to do it you need to move one text to the other location, either by flattening the file (converting the form fields to static text) or by moving the static text into the form fields (for example, using a custom calculation script of a field to copy the values of the two input fields and attach the rest of the text to it, making it all the value of a single field).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Try67, I'm glad I'm not crazy!!! I was breaking my head wondering what the heck I was doing wrong!!! I think the flattening text method seems like the most reasonable. I will also try  @ls_rbls option to convert it to email format but I wonder how that'll be possible given that I'd have to select a certain amount of sentences and texts placed in specific sections. Thank you for the prompt reply and clarifying my sanity

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines