• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat crashes when clicking hyperlink to open Chrome browser

New Here ,
Dec 05, 2016 Dec 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working in InDesign to create a PDF to be viewed on screen. On the pages of the PDF, I'd like to link to a URL. I have exported the InDesign file as a a PDF interactive version as well as a PDF print version with interactive settings on. I've also tried adding a hyperlink within Acrobat itself. In every case, when I click on the hyperlink, Acrobat crashes and I'm forced to close it. This issue only happens when Chrome is set as my default browser. The issue is resolved with Internet Explorer as my default. Is there some kind of connection issue between Acrobat and Chrome?

I'm running the latest versions of InDesign CC and Acrobat DC on Windows 7 Enterprise.

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 13, 2016 Dec 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi MUDEO,

What are those hyperlinks for, does those open internal website to an enterprise or general worldwide websites?

Have you tried to whitelist those urls under Edit>preference >Security enhanced.

-Tariq Dar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 25, 2018 Jan 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same problem, Windows 10; link won't open in Chrome.  Acrobat (latest) just freezes for an eternity, finally unfreezes, but nothing ever happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 17, 2019 Jan 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. Every web link, every time. Hard to believe this has been a know issue since "Dec 5, 2016 10:57 AM".

If it's any consolation, creating and Online PDF Document via InDesign works correctly with no hang-ups.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 03, 2020 Feb 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue, but it only started after updates to InDesign and/or Acrobat DC during the last week or so of January 2020. Chrome has been my default browser for quite some time. ~~ To test again, I rebooted my computer and left for lunch and was gone about 45 minutes. Now the web links work in documents I created today and one created earlier this month. So, the cause of this problem is a mystery.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 04, 2020 Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Having the same issue here - Acrobat hangs for a few minutes before finally opening the link. Completely unusable if this is what happens for the client or any of their customers.  I get the same problem no matter if I export as Interactive or Print with hyperlinks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines