Highlighted

Acrobat crashes when started up Mac OS Catalina

New Here ,
Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat crashes immediately after startup. I have checked the forum for solutions but obviously not found any. I am in a bit of a problem as I have to work with some files that need to be ready within the next 8 hours. This problem just happened today for the first time. I have tried to restart my MacBook but no changes. Please assist.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Acrobat crashes when started up Mac OS Catalina

New Here ,
Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat crashes immediately after startup. I have checked the forum for solutions but obviously not found any. I am in a bit of a problem as I have to work with some files that need to be ready within the next 8 hours. This problem just happened today for the first time. I have tried to restart my MacBook but no changes. Please assist.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 15, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

As Acrobat crashes upon launch, does it gives any error such as "Quit unexpectedly" or something like that? If yes, then see the following suggestion, reset the preferences and rerun the Acrobat: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/error-acrobat-pro-dc-quit-unexpectedly-when-trying-to-open-acroba... 

For anything else, you may try these steps-

1- Since its not launching for good enough time, so use cleaner tool for removal of app and its traces: https://labs.adobe.com/downloads/acrobatcleaner.html?22 

2- Reinstall the app and try launching it.

3- By any chance if its crashing with some specific files, then Navigate to Acrobat>Adobe Acrobat >Preferences>Security (Enhanced)>disable "Protected View" and "Enhanced Security">OK>close and reopen Acrobat
Note: these changes are only for testing purpose. Once tested, please change it back to the previous setting.

Thanks,

Akanchha  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 15, 2020 0