• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat DC 2015 error "Cos document table full"

New Here ,
Mar 24, 2020 Mar 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am trying to extract pages from a 48 page pdf, using Acrobat DC 2015. There are 23 signatures, that are showing invalid. I've tried all the normal steps to validate them all, and checked the certificates. These are real estate docs, and I have signed several of the pages with no issues. Everything looks OK. When I try to separate the pages, by extracting some, I get the error of Cos document table full. 

Help!

[Moved from Community Help (which is about the forums) to a better forum... Mod]
[To find a forum for your program please start at https://community.adobe.com/]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 24, 2020 Mar 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you be more specific on the steps that you've followed when you mention that you've tried all normal steps?

Also, by trying to split, merge, separate, or alter a digitally signed PDF is basically defeating the purpose of security. I am pretty sure that is probably why you're getting such error.

My suggestion, is to either Print to PDF, or  Save As Postscript file (also known as refrying a PDF), then split or separate.

However, refrying a PDF is strongly discouraged, for many reasons, and as a flattened output file, you will not be able to validate those signatures.

You can also try to go to Edit, Preferences, --->>> Signatures.

In the Digital Signatures preferences settings, see the "Verification" section, and click on the "More" button.

It will open the Signature Verification Preferences. You may change a few things here, where it says "Verification Behavior", and see specifically the "Windows Integration" section.

Now, I'm not sure if modifying any of these preferences would have anything to do with your initial question, but you can try and see.

Last, the best answer I can think off is through this Adobe guidance: https://helpx.adobe.com/sign/kb/split-up-a-signed-document.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 25, 2020 Mar 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You have 23 digital signatures? This is a disaster waiting to happen, it was never designed to work. This sometimes happens if people make the mistake of signing each page. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines