• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat DC 2015 will not open / not found

Community Beginner ,
Jun 10, 2020 Jun 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yesterday Jun 10th, 2020, <Acrobat DC 2015> would not open, so I uninstalled it, then re-installed, as per forum advice.

When I double click the icon I get an error message box [Windows cannot find 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat 2015\Acrobat\Acrobat.exe'. Make sure you type the name correctly, and then try again.]

I checked using file explorer and the file appears to be there (along with all the Acrobat files) . If I double-click the file, I get the same error message. I can however view the content in binary form. How can I fix this, please?

I'm running Windows 10 64-bit v2004 (OS Build 19041.329) on a Lenovo W540 laptop (a POS).

Thank you for the forthcoming help and hints...

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 10, 2020 Jun 10, 2020

Hi BaudeC

We are sorry to hear about the issue you are experiencing. As described, you are getting the error 'Windows cannot find 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat 2015\Acrobat\Acrobat.exe'

Please try the steps below and see if that makes any difference.

1.Close the Adobe Acrobat DC

2. Hold down Windows key and press R on your keyboard, this will bring up Run dialogue box.

3. Type regedit in the run dialogue box and hit Enter

4. Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi BaudeC

We are sorry to hear about the issue you are experiencing. As described, you are getting the error 'Windows cannot find 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat 2015\Acrobat\Acrobat.exe'

Please try the steps below and see if that makes any difference.

1.Close the Adobe Acrobat DC

2. Hold down Windows key and press R on your keyboard, this will bring up Run dialogue box.

3. Type regedit in the run dialogue box and hit Enter

4. Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options, delete the key Acrobat.exe

5. Relaunch the application and check.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amal!! "T H A N K Y O U". I removed the key, and poof it worked!, but
opened up as a new application, and had to log into my account.

Did a couple of updates, as somehow the version was not the one I
originally used, this may be due to my removal and reinstall.... NOW....
Question:

When I do and 'about' it does not show my registration or key..... Will
this remain, or will it break down another time??? I assume my 24 digit key
was stored during the reinstall.....

Again, thank you.

-= Parfumeur =-

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I started having this same issue as of today (6/10) not sure when the last time I used Acrobat was, but it worked.  Now, when I try to run Acrobate I get the same error that BaudeC got above.  I assume BaudeC is in the far east as he said Yesterday and today is 6/10 for me.  Also, whenever I try to click on a PDF file, I get the same, Windows cannot find.... error.  I've uninstalled, rebooted and reinstalled and Acrobat or a PDF cannot be found.  I can open a PDF inside of Chrome (not good that a paid app -- I use the creative suite -- won't work).

I am running Windows 10 Pro, 64bit, Version 1909 OS Build 18363.836

I was doing the commented suggestion as I was writing this.. and am VERY happy to report the solution of deleting the acrobat.exe key worked!

THANKS AMAL FROM THE SUPPOORT TEAM

Bob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal..... what happened to the OCR feature????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2020 Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ah!!! Sorry for the confusion.... I had reinstalled the Standard version....  I just uninstalled and reinstalled the PRO vesion, had to do 2 updates, 30306 > 30482 > 30523 and after ONE trial run and OCR, all seems fine..

Sorry... this nomenclature and versions is very confusing ..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines