Highlighted

Acrobat DC Crashes - Initializing registration

New Here ,
Mar 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just downloaded and installed Acrobat DC on my Windows 10 laptop. Whenever I start it, it closes itself out after a few seconds with no error or pop-up or message of any sort. I went through the recommendations here: Resolve Acrobat DC intermittent crashes on Windows

But those steps did not help. However, on Step 4 it recommended running distiller which I attempted and distiller indicated that the product was not registered. But, that page says I should get a Sign In windows which I do not.

I again started Acrobat DC and went to Help -> Sign In/Sign Out and get an odd pop-up that says "Initializing registration... Please retry after a minute".

It has been many minutes and every time I retry, I get this error and Acrobat DC just keeps closing itself.

Any assistance or insights would be appreciated.

Thanks!

I actually found another answer that worked for me. I deleted the following folder: C:\ProgramData\Adobe\SLStore and was able to login correctly.

Topics

Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Acrobat DC Crashes - Initializing registration

New Here ,
Mar 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just downloaded and installed Acrobat DC on my Windows 10 laptop. Whenever I start it, it closes itself out after a few seconds with no error or pop-up or message of any sort. I went through the recommendations here: Resolve Acrobat DC intermittent crashes on Windows

But those steps did not help. However, on Step 4 it recommended running distiller which I attempted and distiller indicated that the product was not registered. But, that page says I should get a Sign In windows which I do not.

I again started Acrobat DC and went to Help -> Sign In/Sign Out and get an odd pop-up that says "Initializing registration... Please retry after a minute".

It has been many minutes and every time I retry, I get this error and Acrobat DC just keeps closing itself.

Any assistance or insights would be appreciated.

Thanks!

I actually found another answer that worked for me. I deleted the following folder: C:\ProgramData\Adobe\SLStore and was able to login correctly.

Topics

Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We were also having the same problem and it turned out it was our firewall that was blocking communication to the registration servers. (Blocked based on geolocation outside the US)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
shyamrn LATEST
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how did you resolve? I could not find SLStore in any of the folders...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
One Stop Solution for Acrobat
Edit a PDF