• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat DC crashes when copy text from a note.

New Here ,
Jun 25, 2020 Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

My Adobe acrobat pro, keeps on crashing after i try to copy corrections from a note. When this happens it also crashes my InDesign, I work on a mac. Any ideas how to solve this issue?

Thanks for suggestions.

Desiree

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 25, 2020 Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Desiree

We are sorry for the trouble. As descibed the application is crashing on copyin text from note

Would you mind sharing the workflow/steps you are doing to copy text from note? 

What is the version of the Adobe Acrobat Dc you are using? To check the verion go to Help > About Adobe Acrobat DC

make sure you have the latest version 20.009.20067 installed. go to Help > Check for Updates.

Is this a behavior with a particular PDF file or with all the PDFs? Please try with a different PDF file and check. If its a file specific issue please share the file with us for testing.

Are you on a Mac or Windows machine and what is the version of the OS?

Also, you may try to turn off the protected mode for testing. Go to Edit  (Windows), Adobe Acrobat DC (Mac) > Preferences > Enhanced Security  > Turn off the Protected Mode and Uncheck the Enhanced Security > Click OK
Note: Please turn on the security after testing.

Let us know how it goes

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2020 Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, thanks for your reply.

Version of Acrobat DC: 2020.009.20067 (latest version)

I work on a MacOS version: High Sierra (10.13.6)

This happens with any pdf that has correction notes in them. I try to copy the text from the note, and then Mac just starts loading (u know the famous rainbow wheel). Until I force stop acrobat DC

But it seems to help, if i safe the pdf file again, still testing this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 17, 2020 Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

We are sorry for the delay in response

A new version of Adobe Acrobat/Reader DC is now available v20.009.20074. Please try updating the application to the new version from the help menu > check for updates and see if that works for you.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines