Highlighted

Acrobat DC error: Can't delete page. Error is "one or more pages are in use and could not be deleted."

Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to delete certain pages, Acrobat DC won't let me, and I get this error notice: "One or more pages are in use and could not be deleted."

I have tried the following:

1.    Setting the setting "View documents in PDF/A mode: to "never" (from default "only for PDF/A documents")

2.    Repairing installation

Neither of those worked. I've searched the forums and this seems to have been a regular problem, but none of the recommended solutions work.

Help!

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Acrobat DC error: Can't delete page. Error is "one or more pages are in use and could not be deleted."

Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to delete certain pages, Acrobat DC won't let me, and I get this error notice: "One or more pages are in use and could not be deleted."

I have tried the following:

1.    Setting the setting "View documents in PDF/A mode: to "never" (from default "only for PDF/A documents")

2.    Repairing installation

Neither of those worked. I've searched the forums and this seems to have been a regular problem, but none of the recommended solutions work.

Help!

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 22, 2019 1
Adobe Employee ,
May 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi MarkCLI,

As mentioned, Acrobat DC won't let you delete the pages from a multi-page PDF document. Does it gives the error only with a specific document, or with all the files you have been trying to delete pages?

Have you started experiencing this issue recently after installing the latest patch? If not, then you may update your Adobe Acrobat to the latest version first. Open Adobe Acrobat>Help>Check for update

Here is quite an old document where similar issue has been addressed : One or more of these pages are in use and could not be deleted. refer to the troubleshooting steps suggested there and let us know the result.

Workaround: One or more pages are in use and could not be deleted (Installation & updates)

Thanks,

Akanchha

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 23, 2019 1
Community Beginner ,
May 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help.

To answer your questions:

1.     I've tried check for update and the program is up to date.

2.     It only affects some documents.

3.     I've tried the other items in the link you provided and still have the problem.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 24, 2019 1
Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found a fix for this, if you view the page fit to window before you go to delete it in organise pages it lets you delete without the error.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 19, 2019 1
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you John_Armour, after 2 hours of trying things this worked!
On AC-DC 2020 - I don't have "fit to window", but the menu item: Zoom > Fit Visible worked as well.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 22, 2020 0
inca431 LATEST
Explorer ,
Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How annoying that Adobe hasn't fixed this.  I also got this error, thanks to the solution above, I was able to fix it, but this error has been reported as long ago as 2012 and still Adobe hasn't repaired it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 01, 2020 0