• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat DC : Error while interacting with the scanner: the selected scanner was not found.

Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2021 Mar 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This error has arisen out of a change of router and the IP address of the MFP Laserjet M2727nf scanner. Adobe DC no longer finds the scanner. Prior to change of router Adobe DC scanned from the same scanner without problems.

The printer has been reloaded with new driver and changed IP address.  The PC can scan using Microsoft scan, but Adobe DC returns the above error message. The name of scanner is identical as quoted in the Scanner type in Adobe custom scan options and in Microsoft scan – ( WIA-HP LJ M2727nf )

Adobe custom scan options offers no browse or other option to seek another scanner to connect to.

I have tried the fixes I have read about on the support pages including and stopping and restarting start programs in config sys, and moving the preferences file in Acrobat as below.  

C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Acrobat\[version].

The printer scanner driver and version of DC are up to date.

I should appreciate some assistance please – I see this is a very common theme with Acrobat over a number of years.

Thanks

Kind Regards

John Heard

TOPICS
Scan documents and OCR

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Hi Meenakshi

Thanks for your response, but I had tried all of the published fixes prior to posting.

I can however report that today we have cracked the problem - it would seem it was a corrupted HP printer driver causing the problem.

Thanks very much for your time and effort in responding to me. I am very grateful.

Kind regards

John 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 28, 2021 Mar 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems like with the new printing and scaning device driver the printing port that was previously assigned to the Acrobat program might've changed, OR, it could be that the new router is blocking an essential service that is trying to come out of that computer which blocks access to the scanner service.

If it was up to me, my first troubleshooting approach would be to click on Help--->> Repair Installation and let Acrobat detect the new setrings while it refreshes the configuration defaults during the repair action.

If that doesn't work, I would manually go to Device and Printers, right-click on the Adobe PDF printer, and manually configure a new printing port associated with the IP address.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning

Thank you for this - I just tried the repair installation - twice and did a restart for good measure. No change I am afraid other than the icon on the desktop moving which presumably denotes the installation repair did do its work.

The re installation of the printer scanner (MFP) involved configuring a new port with a new IP address just as you have suggested. The change of router left the printer scanner unusable as the router seemingly could not communicate with the old IP address allocated. Re installation of the MFP of necessity involved configuring a new port with new IP address and change of IP address to match on the printer itself.

I wonder if Adobe has the old IP address stored somewhere in its files. The scanner identification is identically recorded in both the microsoft scan software - which finds the scanner and Adobe which does not.  

Again thanks very much for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey John!

Thank you for reaching out.

As you are experiencing issues with the scanner, please try the troubleshooting steps suggested in the following help document: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/troubleshoot-scanner-issues-acrobat.html 

Check if that helps.

If the issue still occurs, please share the Acrobat and OS versions on the machine.

Also, share the screenshot of the error message that appears.

Thanks,

Meenakshi 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Meenakshi

Thanks for your response, but I had tried all of the published fixes prior to posting.

I can however report that today we have cracked the problem - it would seem it was a corrupted HP printer driver causing the problem.

Thanks very much for your time and effort in responding to me. I am very grateful.

Kind regards

John 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's great! Glad to know that and thank you for updating us.

Let us know if we can be of any further help.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines