Highlighted

Acrobat DC Extension for Edge Browser

Explorer ,
May 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is such an obvious question that I feel stupid even asking... But....

In Chrome, I use the Acrobat DC extension to create PDFs from active web pages... Simple. Works AOK. No problemo...

However, I can't find a way to add Acrobat DC to Edge. Is such an extension simply not available? Is the API not available to allow Adobe developers to create such a beast? Is it available, but my GoogleFoo is too poor to find it?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Thanks in advance.

Hugh

To be more blunt about it, Microsoft currently does not support such extensions/plug-ins and thus Adobe cannot supply one.

- Dov

Topics

General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Acrobat DC Extension for Edge Browser

Explorer ,
May 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is such an obvious question that I feel stupid even asking... But....

In Chrome, I use the Acrobat DC extension to create PDFs from active web pages... Simple. Works AOK. No problemo...

However, I can't find a way to add Acrobat DC to Edge. Is such an extension simply not available? Is the API not available to allow Adobe developers to create such a beast? Is it available, but my GoogleFoo is too poor to find it?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Thanks in advance.

Hugh

To be more blunt about it, Microsoft currently does not support such extensions/plug-ins and thus Adobe cannot supply one.

- Dov

Topics

General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The extension is not available. You can use the Internet Explorer.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, Principal Scientist, Adobe

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
May 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info. I suspected something of the sort, but was surprised when I couldn't readily find a simple answer. When I looked for extensions/plugins for Edge, I found very few available. I figured some sort of API availability issue.

Thanks again,

Hugh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hugh,

Norton has a Password Vault and Search extension for Edge; Microsoft has an extension for OneNote 2016. I don't see any reason why Adobe could not now make an Acrobat DC extension for Edge. It would sure be appreciated.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jun 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course Microsoft can make extensions! You might find this interesting. Windows 10: Why does Microsoft Edge have only 70 extensions after a whole year? | ZDNet

Interestingly in 2015, Microsoft were saying "it would not support any add-ons except Flash Player" ActiveX support in Microsoft Edge Browser - Microsoft Community

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

INSANE!!

MADNESS!

WITH ALL THE TIME AND MONEY PEOPLE AND COMPANIES INVEST AND SPEND BUYING INTO THE PROMISE OF SEAMLESS EFFICIENCY AND INCREASED PRODUCTION WITH ALL OF THESE APPS AND GADGETS, NOTHING SHOULD BE THIS HARD........

FOR GOD SAKES MICROSOFT AND ADOBE WHAT THE HELL DO YOU PEOPLE SIT AROUND THINKING ABOUT WHEN IT COMES TO THESE KINDS OF ISSUES? WHAT?

YOU COMPANIES AND CEO'S ETC., SHOULD BE HELD TO REAL STANDARDS WITH ENFORCABLE RULES-GUIDELINES-ETHICS.......

NUTZ !!!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think there's a misunderstanding. 

Microsoft doesn't support the extension in MS Edge Browser but it does in Internet Explorer 11.

Micrososft does provide third-party support in the New Micrososft Edge browser which is Chrome-based.  Those are two completely different browsers.

It is basically a cloned web browser (as pretty much everything they do in my opinion).  Nevertheless, you can use this extension in this new web browser since it has an option to install add-on from other web-stores.  So you need to download the new Edge browser.

See slides below:

newedge.png

See the bottom left lower corner of the slide. That is how you activate support for third-party web browser extensions in the new MS Edge browser.

newedge2.png

Note: This is about the 5th time I've posted this information since I joined the forums last year. Unless my Edge Browser is unique and different than everybody else, I really don't understand why is it that I don't see anyone yet acknowledging this fact.  And let me clear: I am not  a Micrososft fan boy.  But I think is time to move on past the "Jurassic-Park-web-broswers-star-wars-Era" (i.e. like the days  of Netscape Navigator and Internet Explorer), and embrace the Microsoft suck from time to time.

There's plenty of other great Chrome-based web browser that you can experiment with as well.. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

thanks for posting this. I have the extension installed in Edge, but when I click on teh acrobat icon I do not see the option to open in acrobat, as you show in your screen shot. The only option I get is to go to Actobat online.

any additional help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Michael

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
ls_rbls LATEST
Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is Acrobat the default pdf owner in your windows machine?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
One Stop Solution for Acrobat
Edit a PDF