Highlighted

Acrobat DC Extension Missing in Firefox

New Here ,
Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running the latest Firefox 77.0.1 (64-bit) build, as well as the current version of Acrobat DC (2020.009.20067) on Windows 10 Pro Version 1909.  For some reason, there are no visible Acrobat DC extensions in Firefox (i.e. the print to PDF type functionality).

I studied the following Help page, which seems relatively current: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/create-pdf-extension-firefox-upgraded.html).  However, it is not helpful because the extension simply does not appear at all inside Firefox (impossible to enable it via this advice if it is not there to begin with).  I tried "repairing" the Acrobat DC install via that function inside Acrobat DC, which did not work.  I next uninstalled Acrobat DC and reinstalled it.  This also did nothing.

There appears to be no formally listed Adobe Acrobat DC extensions in the Firefox extension repository either.  What is going on here?  Is Adobe behind on supporting this extension?  Does it still exist?  Or am I having an installation or compatibility problem?

Thanks for any help in advance.

TOPICS
Create PDFs, General troubleshooting, Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Acrobat DC Extension Missing in Firefox

New Here ,
Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running the latest Firefox 77.0.1 (64-bit) build, as well as the current version of Acrobat DC (2020.009.20067) on Windows 10 Pro Version 1909.  For some reason, there are no visible Acrobat DC extensions in Firefox (i.e. the print to PDF type functionality).

I studied the following Help page, which seems relatively current: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/create-pdf-extension-firefox-upgraded.html).  However, it is not helpful because the extension simply does not appear at all inside Firefox (impossible to enable it via this advice if it is not there to begin with).  I tried "repairing" the Acrobat DC install via that function inside Acrobat DC, which did not work.  I next uninstalled Acrobat DC and reinstalled it.  This also did nothing.

There appears to be no formally listed Adobe Acrobat DC extensions in the Firefox extension repository either.  What is going on here?  Is Adobe behind on supporting this extension?  Does it still exist?  Or am I having an installation or compatibility problem?

Thanks for any help in advance.

TOPICS
Create PDFs, General troubleshooting, Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 15, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there,

Sorry to keep you waiting. Did you manage to find the solution or still struggling to get the Acrobat extension enabled?

The help article you have found is definitely the most recent one and has correct steps mentioned in it.

Below are the steps mentioned in the help article. I believe you have already tried them-

1. Click the hamburger menu in the upper-right corner.
  2. Choose Add-ons. The Add-ons Manager tab opens.
  3. In the Add-ons Manager tab, select the Extensions panel.
  4. Select the Adobe Acrobat add-on you want to enable.
  5. Click the Enable button.

You must reboot your system after enabling the extension. If it still doesn't help, then help us with the screenshots of Firefox extensions list and settings appears there.

If non of the steps works, then use cleaner tool to remove the Acrobat: http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/acrobatcleaner.html  and reinstall it after rebooting system.

Thanks,

Akanchha

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 30, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, and I don't think you are reading the problem correcting. There is no extension visible in firefox, so we cannot follow the steps to enable it. It simply doesn't show up at all, so it cannot be selected and enabled. Is there perhaps a place on adobe's site where the extension to be downloaded? or is it actually necessary to nuke the whole installation of Acrobat just to resurface this add-on?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 16, 2020 1
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree. Definitely didn't understand the issue. Searching for the extension does no good. It simply isn't available.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 31, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have this problem and haven't been able to find anything anywhere to resolve it. Very frustrating. If you've found a soulution would you please share, would greatly appreciate it.

PS - I love the useless response you received, clearly someone was on "auto pilot" and didn't bother to read your post.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 19, 2020 0