Highlighted

Acrobat DC fillable forms problem

New Here ,
Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Receiving fillable forms made using Adobe Acrobat from individual users has been a minor problem in the past, people naturally complete the forms using their browser rather than downloading the form and opening it using Adobe Reader. The most popular browsers used to be ok at handling Adobe fillable forms. Recently though our Charity is receiving filled in forms that don't work properly where text that has been entered is hidden, the simple income and expenditure sums don't add up and the email action doesn't work. (My forms are made using Acrobat and saved as reader extended with enabled additional features). This has become a real problem now people have upgraded their systems to Google Chrome, Safari and Microsoft Edge. Firefox appears to be the only major browser that can handle fillable forms correctly. Trying to get the non technicial user to download and open the blank form in Adobe Reader is a real problem. Is there a way I can force our form users to open our fillable forms from our website in Adobe Reader before they complete the form? http://www.wmcharities.org.uk/individual.html

Any help with this problem would be most gratefully received.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Acrobat DC fillable forms problem

New Here ,
Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Receiving fillable forms made using Adobe Acrobat from individual users has been a minor problem in the past, people naturally complete the forms using their browser rather than downloading the form and opening it using Adobe Reader. The most popular browsers used to be ok at handling Adobe fillable forms. Recently though our Charity is receiving filled in forms that don't work properly where text that has been entered is hidden, the simple income and expenditure sums don't add up and the email action doesn't work. (My forms are made using Acrobat and saved as reader extended with enabled additional features). This has become a real problem now people have upgraded their systems to Google Chrome, Safari and Microsoft Edge. Firefox appears to be the only major browser that can handle fillable forms correctly. Trying to get the non technicial user to download and open the blank form in Adobe Reader is a real problem. Is there a way I can force our form users to open our fillable forms from our website in Adobe Reader before they complete the form? http://www.wmcharities.org.uk/individual.html

Any help with this problem would be most gratefully received.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 30, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a  matter of fact ,  you can employ Adobe Sign to publish your PDF online as a webform.  This will alleviate this predicament since there's no way to force users to choose a PDF viewer against whatever they choose to use with their computers.

Adobe Sign will allow you to publish a web form and the users are not required to be subscribed, or have Adobe Reader nor Acrobat Pro installed in their computer devices in order to fill and sign a form. They can access such forms from their mobile devices and web browsers.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 31, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. That sounds like the perfect solution. I just need to work out how.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 07, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kateryn,

Thank you for reaching out.

++Adding to the suggestion provided above.

In Adobe Sign, you can create a form that can be available on the website using the feature called Web form. You can use the same PDF form that you created in Acrobat and upload it to Adobe Sign. Please refer to the following help link to check how this feature works: https://helpx.adobe.com/sign/using/web-forms.html.

The Webform feature is only available with Adobe Sign small business, business, and enterprise service plan. We did check that you are subscribed to the Creative Cloud All App service that includes the Adobe Sign individual service plan.

I hope the information helps.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 07, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your help with this. I am having a problem when I go to the home page I cannot find the 'Publish a web form' option as indicated. These are the screenshots, they aren't the same as your link suggests. Have you any ideas why?Home.JPGRequestSignatures.JPG

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 08, 2020 0
Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As mentioned, I think you need to be subscribed to a business plan , not the individual service plan which is what Meenakshi clarified.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 08, 2020 0
Kateryn LATEST
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like we do not get this option under Non Profit licence. Will have to review of this in detail and what the Charity can afford thanks for the information.

Kateryn_0-1599650563990.pngKateryn_1-1599650601487.png

Kateryn_2-1599650661138.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 09, 2020 0
Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To force the use of a PDF with Acrobat Reader you should learn this great tip: https://www.abracadabrapdf.net/?p=6148

(Google translate is your friend)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 07, 2020 2
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the link will review this in detail. Thanks again for the info.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 09, 2020 0