• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat DC hangs when opening hyperlinks and opening PDF documents

Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2020 Feb 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have already updated Acrobat DC to the February 2020 update and it hasn't seemed to fix it. I run on Windows 10 if that means anything.

I have had this problem for a while, where it takes 30-40 seconds for a PDF file to open, where it would normally take it less than 3 seconds or so to open a document. Dragging the file into DC seems to solve the problem, but workflow-wise this is a hinderance. 

When I see this problem occuring, clicking on any hyperlink (email links, outside urls,) causes Acrobat to freeze and not open the link. The only way I can 'fix' these two problems is if I sign out of CC and sign back in. Then everything opens quickly and hyperlinks open fine. Then when Acrobat begins to have trouble opening PDF files quickly, I notice the hyperlinks no longer work again. It doesn't matter if the hyperlink is made in Acrobat or InDesign. I have already turned off on protected view many times, I have unchecked Enable Enhanced Security already, I even unchecked it and rechecked it. The setting for internet access is set to "Allow PDF files to access all websites". Pretty much all of the fixes in Google I have tried and I have no idea what else to do.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2020 Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently upgraded to Adobe Acrobat DC and am having the same issue. It is taking FOREVER for the warning box to appear and then additional time to actually open the web page. Very frustrated. I am also on Windows 10. This wasn't a problem with Acrobat Pro X before I upgraded and now both Pro X and DC behave the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SAME PROBLEM.  Creative Cloud, Acrobat DC and Windows 10 all completely up-to-date. When clicking a link in a PDF that I created, it either hangs and crashes Acrobat or takes a solid 30 seconds before loading.  This is after "allowing" the PDF to access links.  What's the deal?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2020 Nov 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing.

If I click on a URL in a PDF from Adobe Acrobat DC (latest update), il will freeze for about 2 minutes before finally opening it.

It wasn't doing that a couple of weeks ago. I guess the latest update broke it...which is pretty lame considering that it's one of the basic functions of a PDF document. If that problem is still there at the end of the month, I'll cancel my CC plan. Adobe Acrobat was the main tool I was paying CC for!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2020 Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same issue, and it's odd that it hasn't been fixed since February? Maybe it's just a small number of people that are experiencing this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And apparently this problem still isn't fixed as of 11/25/2020 since I am currently running into the same issue now. Doesn't seem to be any fixes out there on the internet. Adobe...can you please fix this?????? (why am I wasting my time?).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue. Any updates?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I fixed my issue: I cancelled my Adobe CC subscription.

I will not pay for something that is so ridiculously broken when there's so many tools online that can basically do for free 90% of what Adobe Acrobat does.

Good bye.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2020 Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For whatever reason Acrobat is suddenly working properly. I did nothing, besides shut down my PC a few times each, at the end of everyday.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Been having the same problem for a couple months now. No answer/fixes @Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I replied to the 2nd post about 5 weeks ago. Not fixed. Creative Cloud, Acrobat DC and Windows 10, brand new desktop... all completely up-to-date.

I thought the long hang opening of URLs might be isolated to PDFs I created.  But just now, a PDF linking to a top-level domain of a major company that otherwise poses zero security issues (in case that's an issue) took a full 70 seconds to open. 

Gotta be a recent CC/DC update or a Win10-Adobe CC conflict or whatever but it should be fixed because it renders Acrobat Pro useless if it can't open links for some users.  Most recipients will assume a designer/creator delivered bad links... instead of a very expensive subscription product that doesn't work as promised and hasn't been addressed all year.

For what it's worth, Windows problems with CC are last in line to be patched/fixed. Same cost though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2021 Feb 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have same problem, suddenly hyperlinks take forever to open, which open immediately on ipad.  Someone said open in Acrobat DC reader, and there works, but why not on PRO???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling Acrobat and restarting Windows, both to no avail. Interestingly, Adobe's Android PDF app still has no problem opening hyperlinks, so that's the duct-tape-and-bailing-wire method I have to resort to when checking links in exported documents now. 

Hello, Adobe? Can you fix this, please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2021 Jul 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ive tryed the enhenced security options, i thought maybe it was govemernt sites so i created a hyperlink for our internal websites still happens, but it worked flawlessly on acrobat reader.

its and extra step but simple just openning it up in acrobat reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2021 Dec 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Why aren't Adobe addressing this issue?
I've had this problem for a year now and it's becoming a serious issue.... we pay a forutne for Adobe subscriptions and they can't even fix the most simple of issues with their most used product (AC Pro/Reader).
WTF ADOBE???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines