• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat DC Installer doesn't open on Mac (Catalina 10.15.6)

New Here ,
Sep 05, 2020 Sep 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've downloaded the Acrobat DC Installer to my computer, but when I double click it, it does nothing. I thought perhaps it installed it, so I searched "Adobe DC" and found an application that refuses to open. I dragged it to my toolbar and it just bounces once and does nothing when I click it.

Can you help?Screen Shot 2020-09-05 at 1.41.12 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 05, 2020 Sep 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 07, 2020 Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

++In addition to the expert's suggestion.

It could be a possibility, that installer was corrupted or didn't even install correctly at first place. When you run cleaner tool it clears all the previous files for Acrobat and traces.

Start it fresh, download the application again https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/download-install-acrobat-subscription.html 

Let us know if it still doesn't work. 

~Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2020 Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any info on how to fix this? I have a client running into the same issue. The 2 replies recommended have been attempted with no luck. I have tried. Sits at the same as screenshot above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this:

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/acrobat-dc-downloads.html

I was having the same trouble, and it worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to keep you waiting Drew.

Somehow I missed the notification for your further question.

If you were trying to download the Acrobat DC from Creative Cloud desktop app. Then quit the CC desktop app for a while and try downloading the Acrobat Installer from the link suggested above in Kim's reply. [Posting here again: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/acrobat-dc-downloads.html ] 

Let us know if it still causes the same issue.

~Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2021 Oct 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone have the same issue with indesign installer? I am facing the same issue with all the Adobe installer files. Mainly creative cloud and indesign..please advise if there is a different installer file I could use. The below DC Pro installer file worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2022 May 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

adobe how does it feel to have a software monopoly empire and everything runs like garbage. if you're going to put tools behind a paywall they should effing work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines