• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat DC keeps saying "something went wrong" when opening

New Here ,
Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have already uninstalled, reinstalled, run creative cloud cleaners, etc. I have done everything - even tried deleting random files hoping that whatever glitch was occurring would magically be disappeared. No luck. So here is what happens: I click on Adobe Acrobat (I have a full CC license) go to open it and instead of pushing me to the sign in screen the acrobat licensing window appears and says something went wrong. I can open every other CC Program besides this one. What is happening? How can I get my acrobat to open? Warning screen that pops up below :

IMG_3670.jpeg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Elizabeth,

We are sorry for the trouble. As described, you are getting the error 'Something went wrong'

We need some more information to investigate the issue in detail:

1. What is the version of the Adobe Acrobat DC you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Adobe Acrobat.
2. What is the version of the Mac OS you are using?
3. What is your Adobe ID / Email? so that we can check your subscription status
4. Do you have any security software installed that might be causing the issue? If yes, what is the security software you are using?

Please collect the machine logs as described here https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html  and upload the logs on the Document Cloud https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/home/  , generate the link and share the link with us.

Also please share the file from your computer location "/Users/<USER_NAME>/Library/Preferences/com.adobe.Acrobat.Pro.plist" for testing.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2020 Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for one day it started working so I thought an update fixed it but now it seems to be happening on multiple computers again…

I have the most recent download of Acrobat DC (like literally downloaded it again today) I can’t give you the exact version information because as soon as I click on the program that error screen pops up and then forces me to quit the program.

I am currently using Catalina, 10.15.6 on this computer, but have varying version on other macs (all presenting with similar issue)

No security software installed on any computer - also occurring at home on my personal internet and on the office internet.

I have uploaded the Log files BUT I am not sure who I am sharing them with?

The following file has been uploaded on Adobe LogCollector Portal:

File: AdobeLogs_20201009_081610_889-mac.zip

(I also have the in my document cloud and can share them that way if needed)

Also - this request:

share the file from your computer location "/Users//Library/Preferences/com.adobe.Acrobat.Pro.plist" for testing

There is no library visible under my specific username on my Mac, I feel ike it might be a folder that Apple hides but I cant remember how to make those appear.

Thanks for your help

Elizabeth Phelps Luna

[P.I Removed by Moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 18, 2020 Oct 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

I am sory to keep you waiting. I have sent you some more information in Private message, please check.

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines