• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat DC keyboard shortcuts not working?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 12, 2018 Jun 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have AcrobatPro DC (Continuous Release 2018.011.20040) Mac Sierra (I can't upgrade per corporate's IT just yet)

I cannot get ANY of the keyboard shortcuts found on this page Keyboard shortcuts for Adobe Acrobat to work at all.

All I can do is 4 common ones, copy, paste, save, close. I would LOVE to be able to marquee zoom or switch to select tool by keyboard, or even assign shortcuts would be a great help. I'm not sure why Command+spacebar to select an area to zoom into doesn't work universal across all Adobe platforms.

?????

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018

Hi MrsEmSalerno,

As per the issue description mentioned above, keyboard shortcuts not working in Acrobat, could you check if single key accelerators option is turned on by opening the Preferences dialog box (Edit > Preferences), and under General > Use Single-Key Accelerators To Access Tools. If its not, try enabling the option and check if that helps.

Let us know if you need any help.

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi MrsEmSalerno,

As per the issue description mentioned above, keyboard shortcuts not working in Acrobat, could you check if single key accelerators option is turned on by opening the Preferences dialog box (Edit > Preferences), and under General > Use Single-Key Accelerators To Access Tools. If its not, try enabling the option and check if that helps.

Let us know if you need any help.

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked!

Who knew "Single-Key Accelerators" is the new Adobe term for "Keyboard Shortcuts"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 19, 2023 Sep 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every shortcut rewritten, every icon has been redesigned, every toolbar and panel has been moved, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which Adobe is always right.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2020 Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was also having the same problem and this helped me fix it. Thanks.

Adobe should rename the option "Enable Keyboard Shortcuts".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2021 Nov 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This suggestion did not work for me and tech support do not know how to fix this. Also I have difficulty saving documents. Any suggestions to help sort this out?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 10, 2023 Feb 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, but this suggestion doesn't help. Some keyboard shortcuts work, while others don't or produce other results. For example, the Go to Page shortcut works fine. But the Next Page shortcut does nothing. And that's the one I really need--since I'm reviewing a long book PDF for a printer, and scrolling/thumbwheel navigation tends to skip pages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2021 Feb 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what if all the shortcuts only perform the strikethrough text action instead of things like highlight 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 01, 2021 May 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even I am facing the same problem.

All the shortcut keys are performing the same function ( Strikethrough in my case ).

This is quite frustrating for a user, when the user has to perform a review work which requires using multiple commenting tools for multiple instances in each document.

Application - Adobe Acrobat Reader DC ( Continuous Release I Version 2021.001.20150 )

YUGAL P

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2022 Mar 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just figured out my keyboard somehow was in game mode and it fixed it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2023 May 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SOLVED:

I tried all of the recommendations above but they did not work in my case.

I was trying to use the Right Arrow as the Next Page Navigation keyboard shortcut but it was only moving the cusor arround.

I then scoured the Preferences and found that the Accessibility setting "Always display the keyborad selection cursor" was enabled.

Once disabled the Navigation keyboard shortcuts worked as expected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines