• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat dc license has either expired or not been activated

New Here ,
May 26, 2015 May 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since updating my Adobe Cloud subscription to use Adobe Acrobat DC, I get an error the first time I try to use it from an application like Word or Outlook 365.  It pops up an error "Your request could not be completed.  Adobe Acrobat DC license has either expired or not been activated."  I never had this problem with Acrobat XI.

Windows 7 Pro x64/8 GB RAM/

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Jun 20, 2016 Jun 20, 2016

Hi All,

Please make sure your application is up to date. I'll suggest you to sign out and sign in once. If the issue is still there, close the application try the steps below.

• Windows
    1. Go to C:\ProgramData\Adobe\, here you need to rename the folder named "SLStore" to "SLStore_old" or you can use any name of your choice. (Please note: ProgramData is a hidden folder and you may not be able to see it. Make sure the hidden files are visible on your computer, you can follow this link for the same: Show hidden files - Windows Help

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 26, 2015 May 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello FastBlader,

You might try signing out and then again signing in to your Creative Cloud account.

Refer: Sign in, Sign out | Creative Cloud desktop app

Let me know if that helps.

Regards,

Anubha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2015 May 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried that but still received the same error in Word and QuickBooks.  I am using the Adobe PDF converter printer driver.  Do I need to reboot.

Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 01, 2015 Jun 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michael,

Before you go for a system reboot, I would suggest you to try uninstalling Acrobat DC from your computer.

Then, install the software again from the below mentioned link:

Free Acrobat Pro DC | Download Adobe Acrobat Pro DC free trial

Let me know if this helps.

Regards,

Anubha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2015 Jun 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too frequently get this error when I try to print to an Adobe PDF from any program (Adobe, Microsoft or otherwise).  If I open Acrobat DC, and then print to PDF from Word, Excel or any other program, it will work just fine.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled from my Creative Cloud account.  It's pretty irritating. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2015 Jun 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not really a solution, but I find the MS Office "Save as Adobe PDF" works if Acrobat is open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2015 Jun 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also getting this error. Would love to see a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 29, 2015 Jun 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi tumequ99543539,

You might need to try out the steps mentioned on the following KB doc link:

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/error-pdf-creation-cannot-continue.html

Let me know if that helps in your case.

Regards,

Anubha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2015 Jun 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to add my frustration with the same issue, only way to resolve for me was to open acrobat itself and then go back into word and use the convertor from there, this is only occurring from the DC update onwards, cant use the KB article as it states windows xp only and I am using win 7

Thanks

Richard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2015 Jul 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same error here.  Adobe is terrible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2015 Jul 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue here too. It's very annoying and it's causing my entire application to hang when I do try to print to PDF. I'm also using Pro DC on Windows 7...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2015 Jul 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have the same Acrobat DC error when converting from Office products for the first time 'that day'. Temporary solution is to open an instance of Acrobat to "reset" the license. Please find a permanent fix for this Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 08, 2015 Jul 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I join in continuing annoyance with this problem.  I am seeking a permanent solution.  Once the error message has been received, it will always work when trying it again - but what a waste of time then needing to reenter the name of the document and re-select the location where it should go.  I have tried signing out and back in again.  This is not a permanent solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2015 Jul 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I to have this issue and it gets frustrating at times. If I close and then try to print to PDF again it works but for me it's just random. It may work for a few hours but then if I don't use it for a while I get the same error. My computer is never shut off except for an occasional reboot so not sure what's causing this issue but a resolution would be great. I never had this problem until I installed the DC update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2015 Jul 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ditto, both Win8.1 and Win7 - error message appears.  So far all I've had to do is click the cancel button, then hit the print button again and it's happy.  Not that I am happy to have to do this, mind you, but at least it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2015 Jul 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem with the stand alone version of Acrobat Pro DC.

It only seems to happen when I have had 8 or more pdf files open at the same time and then I want to print a  web page (or some other file) to Adobe.  Restarting Adobe fixed the issue for that occasion, But I have since found that jus closing a few pdf files fixes it too without closing the rest.

Its still a bug and should be fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2015 Jul 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem.  It happens intermittently on first use of the day.  Today I right-clicked a jpeg file, chose Convert to PDF and got the error.  I closed error, opened Adobe , chose Create PDF from File, and it worked fine.  I have Acrobat DC Pro stand-alone license, Windows 7 64 bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2015 Jul 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I to am sharing in this frustration! I have been experiencing this for a few months since purchasing the Adobe Acrobat Std DC Stand alone single license (non subscription). Adobe has offered me suggestion through chat since my product does qualify for "phone support". Since I am only able to really wok on this intermittently, took me nearly two months to get someone on the phone and that was only because they decided to connect remotely to help troubleshoot, did the same thing they told early in the process to make sure it was done correctly, and still did not resolve it.  It is apparent this is a bug. I can work around it, but that is not the point! I would really like to see this RESOLVED!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I seem to no longer get the error after the update, but that may be temporary. If you just retry the printer or PDF Maker after the error, the operation seems to work fine. The bug has been reported in the past, but it would not hurt to report it again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the follow up Bill. Correct, I can click through the error dialog and then re-run the print job and everything seems to work fine the rest of the day, no issue. we have been using this work around since day one. I did apply the latest update that we were notified for this last Friday, if this update has resolved the issue then great. We will see, as this issue was intermittent for us and did not occur every day, sometimes going for 4-5 days without seeing it again. We will monitor and see what happens. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2015 Jul 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well after plying the latest Adobe Update, my user has not reported to me that the issue has occurred. I am hopeful that it will continue this way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2016 Mar 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is insane - I just paid SU$337 for this application and I willneed to constantly remove and download again??? I want my money back - but no number to call - does anyone have a number so I can cancel this terrible purchase

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 03, 2016 Jun 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2016 Jun 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone found the answer YET?  Invested in 25 user licenses (annual) and this is popping up after a couple of months.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 20, 2016 Jun 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Please make sure your application is up to date. I'll suggest you to sign out and sign in once. If the issue is still there, close the application try the steps below.

• Windows
    1. Go to C:\ProgramData\Adobe\, here you need to rename the folder named "SLStore" to "SLStore_old" or you can use any name of your choice. (Please note: ProgramData is a hidden folder and you may not be able to see it. Make sure the hidden files are visible on your computer, you can follow this link for the same: Show hidden files - Windows Help)
    2. Then go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\SLCache. Delete all the files and folder in this folder. Make sure you don't delete the SLCache itself.
  • Mac
    1. You need to follow the same steps on a mac computer. However, the locations are a bit different. You can locate both SLStore and SLCache in /Library/Application Support/Adobe. Rename SLStore and Delete all the files and Folders from SLCache. Then try to use the Acrobat.

Regards,

Utkarsh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines