Highlighted

Acrobat DC on ARM (Microsoft Surface Pro X)

New Here ,
Feb 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in serious need of a new Microsoft Surface Pro device. That device will most likely be the top of the line X model as I've been waiting for 3+ yrs for the Book 3.

I’ve been trying to do the research to see if Acrobat DC desktop will work on ARM as this is the most important program for me that I use on a daily basis.

Can anyone help before I shell out $ 1,800 +??

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by ls_rbls | Adobe Community Professional

The only Adobe Acrobat version that runs in ARM architechture is the Acrobat Reader mobile app.

Is this is what you're asking?

As of October 2019 Adobe announced that it is trying to bring all CC aps to this Windows 10 environment ( I read this somewhere and I'm not sure if this is accurate).

Keeping in mind that ARM64 is an entire different beast in the universe of 64bit computing, I would say that you're better off with a regular laptop with Win10 with intel or amd processors since Acrobat is still purely an 32bit applications that has been tested to run in 64bit version of MS Windows  that support intel or amd.

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Acrobat DC on ARM (Microsoft Surface Pro X)

New Here ,
Feb 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in serious need of a new Microsoft Surface Pro device. That device will most likely be the top of the line X model as I've been waiting for 3+ yrs for the Book 3.

I’ve been trying to do the research to see if Acrobat DC desktop will work on ARM as this is the most important program for me that I use on a daily basis.

Can anyone help before I shell out $ 1,800 +??

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by ls_rbls | Adobe Community Professional

The only Adobe Acrobat version that runs in ARM architechture is the Acrobat Reader mobile app.

As of October 2019 Adobe announced that it is trying to bring all CC aps to this Windows 10 environment ( I read this somewhere and I'm not sure if this is accurate).

Keeping in mind that ARM64 is an entire different beast in the universe of 64bit computing, I would say that you're better off with a regular laptop with Win10 with intel or amd processors since Acrobat is still purely an 32bit applications that has been tested to run in 64bit version of MS Windows  that support intel or amd.

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Feb 05, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 05, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Feb 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Warning, the Surface Pro X cannot run 64-bit Windows apps. That locks you out of most high end apps, and most Adobe apps cannot run. Today Acrobat is 32 bit, and would run, but at any time Adobe might change it to 64 bits. Updates are compulsory so you’d have nothing. Can’t recommend this machine at all. Older Surface Pro are fine. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 05, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat DC worked initially for me on a Surface Pro X but after some time the updates started failing and when trying to reinstall it I never got it to work. So, we have to wait for a real ARM processor version from Adobe. The Reader app and cloud services works fine! /Jon

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 01, 2020 2
Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+++UPDATE

Please read: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/uwp/porting/apps-on-arm

The link above explains in detail what runs and what doesn't run in the new Windows 10 on ARM.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 01, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm just now learning all this - my last Surface Pro X ran Acrobat just fine. But I had to replace it due to a warranty issue and now my new computer won't download Acrobat. This really stinks because I use it all the time. I wish I had known.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 02, 2020 1
Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where are you trying to download the software from?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 02, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree the chances of Acrobat (paid) running on ARM are very slim. It includes printer drivers, which must be rewritten for ARM. Not clear whether Adobe have any plans to do this, there are very few ARM computers at all.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 02, 2020 0
derHeidi LATEST
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also own a Surface Pro X with AMD processor and 64-bit system. Acrobat Pro has not been able to be updated for some time. That's why I uninstalled and wanted to reinstall. Also with me since the purchase of the Pro X in April the Acrobat Pro ran without problems on the Pro X. Now suddenly there is "compatible desktop app" more. I wonder: what is going on??? Before purchasing the Pro X, I had contacted Adobe support and they had confirmed to me that the Acrobat DC Pro will run on the Pro X. I'm totally disappointed with Adobe!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 20, 2020 0