Highlighted

Acrobat DC preflight warning: compressed object streams used (except for tags)

New Here ,
Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all
Colleagues who are using a basic custom preflight are receiving a warning message 'The PDF document uses features that require at least Acrobat 6.0 (PDF 1.5): Compressed object streams used (except for tags)'.Screen Shot 2020-09-30 at 12.20.26.png
The question is why do they receive this message, but when I run the same preflight I do not.
I created the basic preflight for our Indian office to run basic cover PDF checks. All our cover PDF files are made from InDesign and to PDF version 1.4, we do not use any PDF standards in the creation.
I have looked through the preferences to see if maybe anything there is changing the PDF slightly when they open the file before running the preflight.
I know how to remove the error for them by adding in a fixup to 'discard document structure'  - but I am more concerned as to why they receive the message but I do not.
Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks 🙂
Noel

TOPICS
General troubleshooting, Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Acrobat DC preflight warning: compressed object streams used (except for tags)

New Here ,
Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all
Colleagues who are using a basic custom preflight are receiving a warning message 'The PDF document uses features that require at least Acrobat 6.0 (PDF 1.5): Compressed object streams used (except for tags)'.Screen Shot 2020-09-30 at 12.20.26.png
The question is why do they receive this message, but when I run the same preflight I do not.
I created the basic preflight for our Indian office to run basic cover PDF checks. All our cover PDF files are made from InDesign and to PDF version 1.4, we do not use any PDF standards in the creation.
I have looked through the preferences to see if maybe anything there is changing the PDF slightly when they open the file before running the preflight.
I know how to remove the error for them by adding in a fixup to 'discard document structure'  - but I am more concerned as to why they receive the message but I do not.
Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks 🙂
Noel

TOPICS
General troubleshooting, Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 30, 2020 0

Have something to add?