• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat DC Pro downgraded itself to 32 bit

New Here ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have recently noticed that Acrobat DC Pro on my windows machine (64 bit Windows 10, 64 Gb RAM) says "32-bit" in the title bar. It did not say that before. When I get a system report, Acrobat reports 4Gb RAM(!). Some time recently it also changed its icon colour from red to black, if that's relevant.

I need this to go back to 64 bit Acrobat - which I know is available. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling with Creative Cloud to no avail.

Can anyone help me get the 64 bit version of Pro to run on my 64 bit version of Windows ?

Many thanks.

Edited system report below:

Applications Installed:
Office Version: Office 2016 64-bit
Outlook Version: Outlook 2016 64-bit
Available Physical Memory: 4194303 KB
Available Virtual Memory: 3367392 KB

Default Browser: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe [This is wrong, by the way, that's not my default browser.]
Version: 11.00.19041.1 (WinBuild.160101.0800)

OS Manufacturer: Microsoft Corporation
OS Name: Microsoft Windows 10
OS Version: 10.0.19042
Page File Space: 4194303 KB
Processor: Intel64 Family 6 Model 158 Stepping 10 GenuineIntel ~3192 Mhz

Time Zone: GMT Standard Time
Total Physical Memory: 4194303 KB
Total Virtual Memory: 4194176 KB

And from Settings:

Device name XXXXXXXXX
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20GHz 3.20 GHz
Installed RAM 64.0 GB (63.9 GB usable)
Device ID XXXXXXXXXXXX
Product ID XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This isn't a downgrade. It has always been 32-bit, forever. I don't know what leads you to say you used to have 64-bit. But plans are afoot for 64-bit, so this is getting us ready for exciting changes...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would also point out that, having checked the installation on my other Windows 10 64-bit machine, it does not say "(32-bit)" in the title bar. I was right that I had noticed that addition as being new. So why would that appear if it was 32-bit before?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the words "32-bit" are brand new. " So why would that appear if it was 32-bit before?" It doesn't appear that it was, it just was. You don't have to believe me, though if you know the difference between c:\Program files and c:\Program files (X86) you may be able to satisfy yourself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, this page for a start: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/faq.html (which says "Last published 3rd November 2020"):

Is Acrobat DC 64-bit compliant?

Yes. Acrobat runs as a 64-bit application. For more information, see Acrobat DC system requirements.

... and nothing on the linked page to system requirements suggests it's a 32-bit application running on a 64-bit OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The page is misleading and wrong, perhaps made by someone who did not understand the difference between an app which runs on 64-bit systems and a 64-bit app. It has NOT changed from 64-bit, it never was. It has long included the 64-bit system components needed to make other functions work in 64-bit systems. And soon the app will be optionally 64-bit too. Not that anyone will notice the difference - 64-bit (for apps) has been hugely oversold, it has zero advantages in most cases.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only the Mac version of Acrobat is 64-bits, currently. The Windows version is still 32-bits, although we've heard from official Adobe sources that the release of the 64-bits version is imminent. I'm guessing this is why they added the "32-bits" text to the application title, to make it more clear which version is which. This is certainly not a downgrade, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines