• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat DC Pro freezing and crashing

Explorer ,
Dec 12, 2018 Dec 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, My Acrobat is freezing and crashing seriously despite that I have downloaded the recent upgrade version: 19.010.20064.

My system is Windows 10 Pro 1809 (17763.194) and I have a brand new HP ZBook 17 G5 with 32 Gb RAM.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 13, 2018 Dec 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kimmok,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Please try once the troubleshooting steps provided here Resolve Acrobat DC intermittent crashes on Windows

If that does not help, Could you please provide more information about the issue as asked below?

- Does the application crash on the startup or there is any particular workflow you do when it crashes?

- Does this issue start occurring after the recent update?

We will be waiting for your response.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

None of these steps helped me. I also uninstalled and reinstalled Acrobat, but no help. Acrobat freezes crashes immediately after I open a pdf.

I also installed Adobe Reader and it seems to work almost correctly. Only minor problems with copy pasting.

Do you have a software recorder which I could use to record what is happening when Acrobat crashes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I also have a problem starting within the last two days or so where Acrobat DC crashes about 10-20 seconds after a PDF is opened.

I had this exact problem in early October and Vincent Dobhal from Adobe support (here? this forum?) was able to fix it by providing a PPKLite file to temporarily place in plug-ins?

But now it is back!  Please help, as Acrobat is completely unusable at present for me, and I use it often for work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 17, 2018 Dec 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Last Friday an Adobe engineer shared my screen and worked remotely to fix this for 2 hours after he gave up. The case was then escalated to senior support team. Today an senior engineer worked remotely for about one hour and he could not fix Acrobat. After trying several tricks without help he collected log files for further investigation. He promised to contact me before New Year with a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 17, 2018 Dec 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!  Last time I had this problem, this Acrobat tech/engineer named Vincent Dohbal solved it with a temporary PPKLite file plug-in replacement.  But, no one even responds to me now this time (except you).  So disappointing.  I wish you luck and if I figure it out somehow, I will let you know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 25, 2019 Mar 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is now almost April 2019. Is there a fix for this issue yet?

Acrobat Pro DC freezes for about 10 seconds after roughly 5 seconds from being opened (whether or not a PDF is being opened).

(Win10)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 20, 2018 Dec 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kimmok,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

The issue has been reported to the team and they are working on the fix currently.

We will inform you once the issue any update on this.

We appreciate your patience.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2019 Jan 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem.  Adobe needs to patch this asap.  Its a pain in the but.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2019 Jan 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any news on this? I have multiple machines with the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem.

Acrobat crashes the browser when I'm downloading a PDF and trying to save or save as.

Acrobat crashes itself when trying to save a PDF from an email attachment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this problem on my Mac running Mojave Version 10.14.2. I am an editor/publisher, and rely heavily on Acrobat. Need help ASAP with this issue as it has slowed my workflow to an absolute crawl.

Architecture: x86_64

Build: 19.10.20064.311007

AGM: 4.30.83

CoolType: 5.14.5

JP2K: 1.2.2.42216

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2019 Jan 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this exact same issue, running Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2019 Mar 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IT upgraded my graphics card driver and Acrobat seems to be working better now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 25, 2019 Feb 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem Win 7.   This is a nightmare situation for such a high priced product

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 27, 2019 Feb 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I, too, am having this issue. Version 2019.010.20098. PC is an 8th Gen Intel Core i-7, 16GB RAM, NVMe SSD.

I've tried all the steps at Resolve Acrobat DC intermittent crashes on Windows and continue to have this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2019 Feb 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

having the same issue as everyone above. I'm running version 2019.010.20098 also. Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2019 Mar 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We were having an issue with windows crashing and thought it was the computer.  Purchased a new computer and everything was working great UNTIL we installed Acrobat Pro.  Windows 10 fully updated Lenovo X1.  So frustrating to find it is a software issue and Adobe is doing nothing to fix it after months of people saying they have a problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2019 Mar 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10

Dell Latitude

Issue: Can open PDF, then application goes into Not Responding for 3 to 5 minutes.  Recovers then when clicking on any tool such edit, the app locks up and says Not Responding for 7 - 10 Minutes. Unusable at this time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 25, 2019 Mar 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI:  A person in my workgroup had this issue on Windows 10 and using the Acrobat Clean Uninstaller Tool from Adobe to uninstall all version of Reader/Acrobat, then rebooting, then reinstalling seems to have helped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2019 Mar 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10 Dell XPS 8950.  I have had the same problem for a while and I repair it sometimes more than once in a session.  I am assuming that a patch will come soon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 27, 2019 Mar 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the last major update, Acrobat Pro crashed every other time when trying to make a PDF. Normally these things are fixed by Adobe in days, but this has gone on for months now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2019 Apr 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am having the exact same issue. It seemed to start with the most recent windows update and it does not appear that Adobe is doing anything at all (please correct me if I am wrong). I have uninstalled and reinstalled, used the cleaner and repair tools and have switched to compatibility mode with Windows 8 and nothing is helping! My adobe will freeze and not allow me to scroll through a documents, if I try to do anything complicated at all it crashes and closes. Any information for fixing this or getting my complaint to someone at adobe that can actually fix this would be appreciated.

I'm on windows 10 Home

8GB Ram

64 Bit

Intel(r) Core i5-4460 CPU @ 3.20 Ghz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2019 Apr 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try updating the driver of your graphics card - that seemed to work for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2019 Apr 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have a brand new computer and I updated the all drivers and we get a BSD within about 15 seconds of opening Acrobat Pro.  Uninstall it and computer works great with everything else.  Install Acrobat Pro and all is good until I open it.  Then BSD.  Currently look at other alternatives to Acrobat Pro as this proving to be a waste of time with Adobe doing nothing to fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines