• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat DC Pro - Is it possible to ensure a font isn't used?

New Here ,
Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Acrobat DC Pro. There is a PDF I use that has a font somewhere in it that most other PDF viewers don't have - is there any way to make sure that this font is not used in the PDF or by Adobe in general? It's not a visible font, from what I can see.

I'm aware of embedding fonts; I dont want to do this multiple times a day, if possible; I have no way to update the original PDF to make sure it's an embedded font.

I only ask for the sanity of customers. There are complaints about having to download a font package pretty often.

Thank you for your time, and I look forward to any and all ideas!

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting , PDF forms , Print and prepress , Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Maybe the simplest way is to recreate this PDF without that particular typeface and let Adobe use an alternate font type.

You can run a full report using the Accessibility Checker tool. It will generate a report based on a series of failed tests. 

The report will reveal other possible errors in that PDF that may need to be addressed, specifically if the source document was produced from scanned documents.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines