Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat DC Pro Student Access NOT working

New Here ,
May 15, 2020 May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I cannot access Adobe Acrobat DC Pro using the Student Access .exe file. When I click "Run as Administrator" literally nothing happens, almost as if something is blocking it from running. My organization tells me they have a ticket in with Adobe tech support, but it's been several days. I have tried the following:

Uninstalling and re-installing DC Pro

Deleting and re-downloading the .exe file

Logging out of DC Pro and attemping to run the .exe file (when I open DC again it asks me to login and won't let me go any further)

The account I'm logging into is a personal accout because I use Lightroom and Photoshop personally. I do not have an account through my employer. But I am working from home and I use DC Pro for my job.

Any other advice or theories as to why the .exe file is not working for me is much appreciated. I am pretty frustated at this point! Thanks in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Could you please confirm the values from the following registry hive on your machine.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat\DC\Activation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure how to access that and I never purchased it. I was just using the trial version so I don't have an activation code. My organization simply gave me the following instructions from Adobe, which are not working.

I see a trial prompt when I sign in to Acrobat DC on my computer.

Windows

When you install and launch Acrobat DC on a Windows computer and sign in, if you see a Try or Buy prompt, do the following:

1. Exit Acrobat DC, if it is running. 
  2. Download the AcrobatStudentAccess.zip file and extract it on your computer. 
  3. Right-click the included EXE file and choose Run as Administrator. (Click yes or enter your computer password, if prompted) 
  4. Start Acrobat DC. It should now launch without asking you to sign in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Could you please try following steps.

1. Uninstall Acrobat from your machine from Control Panel -> Uninstall a program.

2. Install latest Acrobat DC from https://acrobat.adobe.com/us/en/.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My options are a paid version or free trial. Should I do the free trial version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines