Highlighted

Acrobat DC reinstalls after being uninstalled (The X-Files)

New Here ,
Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had a very strange experience with Acrobat DC.

I have Acrobat Pro 2017 (AP 2017).

After upgrading my boot drive (Windows 10 Enterprise) I have to reinstal all software, includinh Acrobat Pro 2017.

To my surprise, the following day I found Acrobat DC installed over AP 2017.

Acrobat DC started requesting a serial number (that I, of course, don't have) or to by a copy.

I uninstalled DC, and reinstalled AP 2017.

Again, the following morning Acrobat DC was installed over AP 2017.

After a couple os these cycles, I decided to chat with Acrobat support. They made me download a fresh copy of AP 2017, uninstall DC, and reinstall AP2017

Next morning, the same thing, AP2017 had all but dissapeared, and DC had appeared. 

I went back to chatting with support (two more times) to no avail; same answers...

They just refuse to understand the issue; probably not in the manual... They just kept repeating the same answers. 

I asked for a supervisor; answer: "I can help you if you are having issues with your current installation" ????

So I decided to use the Acrobat cleaning tool, and then I spent deleting every Acrobat file  and folder from the hard drive and all Acrobat-associated entries from the register, as it is amazing all the garbage that uninstall and this tool leave behind....

I did not install any Acrobat software...

Next morning Acrobat DC was again installed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Possible solutions:

I tried Scully and Mulder, but they have retired, and are no longer taking cases...

I also tried Father Damien Karras SJ, but apparently him and his mentor Father Lankaster Merrin SJ got into some trubles in their last exorcism...

Acrobat DC is a sneaky virus, and they have found a way to bypass all antivirus software...

Acrobat business is doing so bad that they are trying to force me to spend the 50 bucks (or whatever is costs) to buy Acrobat DC...

My handle of written American English (I'm an immigrant) is so poor that they thought I was trying to communicate in Sumerian, even  though a cuneiform keyboard driver is not currently provided by Microsoft...

They may be some rational answers/solutions, but I can not think of any....

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Acrobat DC reinstalls after being uninstalled (The X-Files)

New Here ,
Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had a very strange experience with Acrobat DC.

I have Acrobat Pro 2017 (AP 2017).

After upgrading my boot drive (Windows 10 Enterprise) I have to reinstal all software, includinh Acrobat Pro 2017.

To my surprise, the following day I found Acrobat DC installed over AP 2017.

Acrobat DC started requesting a serial number (that I, of course, don't have) or to by a copy.

I uninstalled DC, and reinstalled AP 2017.

Again, the following morning Acrobat DC was installed over AP 2017.

After a couple os these cycles, I decided to chat with Acrobat support. They made me download a fresh copy of AP 2017, uninstall DC, and reinstall AP2017

Next morning, the same thing, AP2017 had all but dissapeared, and DC had appeared. 

I went back to chatting with support (two more times) to no avail; same answers...

They just refuse to understand the issue; probably not in the manual... They just kept repeating the same answers. 

I asked for a supervisor; answer: "I can help you if you are having issues with your current installation" ????

So I decided to use the Acrobat cleaning tool, and then I spent deleting every Acrobat file  and folder from the hard drive and all Acrobat-associated entries from the register, as it is amazing all the garbage that uninstall and this tool leave behind....

I did not install any Acrobat software...

Next morning Acrobat DC was again installed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Possible solutions:

I tried Scully and Mulder, but they have retired, and are no longer taking cases...

I also tried Father Damien Karras SJ, but apparently him and his mentor Father Lankaster Merrin SJ got into some trubles in their last exorcism...

Acrobat DC is a sneaky virus, and they have found a way to bypass all antivirus software...

Acrobat business is doing so bad that they are trying to force me to spend the 50 bucks (or whatever is costs) to buy Acrobat DC...

My handle of written American English (I'm an immigrant) is so poor that they thought I was trying to communicate in Sumerian, even  though a cuneiform keyboard driver is not currently provided by Microsoft...

They may be some rational answers/solutions, but I can not think of any....

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 22, 2020 0
try67 LATEST
Most Valuable Participant ,
Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all, your control of English is pretty good, as well as your pop-culture references... I dare say that most of the people you talked to on Adobe Support are not native-speakers of American English, either.

What you're describing is very strange indeed, as applications don't usually install themselves like that.

Did you install the Adobe Creative Cloud app? Have you tried removing it, too?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 06, 2020 0