Highlighted

Acrobat DC Single Page View Not Working

New Here ,
Oct 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A question regarding Acrobat DC and viewing a single page.

Yesterday I could click an icon on the toolbar and acrobat would show just a single page.

Today It must have done an update and now when I click the "show only one page at a time" icon it will not show a single page.  If I'm in scrolling mode and if my page is below the half way point it will align the bottom of the page with the bottom of the screen.  If my page is on the upper half it will align the top of the page with the top of the screen.  However, it will keep the zoom level I was just using while scrolling.

The above happens when the zoom is greater than 78.1 % because at that zoom a single 8.5x11 will fit exactly in my screen.  However, if I'm in scrolling mode and say at a zoom of 50% when I click the show only one page at a time icon, acrobat shows only one page, but it is still at 50% zoom.  This happens with any zoom below the 78.1%.

I've run a repair on acrobat and restarted my computer.  I did not change any of my preferences. My version is 19.008.20071.  The screen shot below is the icon I click.

2018-10-02_120601.jpg

I also don't want to start out with the single page view when I click on a document to open it in acrobat.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Community Beginner
Correct answer by dvivas | Community Beginner

Hi Ayush,

That has solved it. Thanks!!!!!

Just out of curiosity. Can't this have a shorcut? Will we always have to make two clicks to reach this?

Thanks in advance!

Diego

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Acrobat DC Single Page View Not Working

New Here ,
Oct 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A question regarding Acrobat DC and viewing a single page.

Yesterday I could click an icon on the toolbar and acrobat would show just a single page.

Today It must have done an update and now when I click the "show only one page at a time" icon it will not show a single page.  If I'm in scrolling mode and if my page is below the half way point it will align the bottom of the page with the bottom of the screen.  If my page is on the upper half it will align the top of the page with the top of the screen.  However, it will keep the zoom level I was just using while scrolling.

The above happens when the zoom is greater than 78.1 % because at that zoom a single 8.5x11 will fit exactly in my screen.  However, if I'm in scrolling mode and say at a zoom of 50% when I click the show only one page at a time icon, acrobat shows only one page, but it is still at 50% zoom.  This happens with any zoom below the 78.1%.

I've run a repair on acrobat and restarted my computer.  I did not change any of my preferences. My version is 19.008.20071.  The screen shot below is the icon I click.

2018-10-02_120601.jpg

I also don't want to start out with the single page view when I click on a document to open it in acrobat.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Community Beginner
Correct answer by dvivas | Community Beginner

Hi Ayush,

Just out of curiosity. Can't this have a shorcut? Will we always have to make two clicks to reach this?

Thanks in advance!

Diego

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 02, 2018 0
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As an update, I checked out DC on a coworkers computer and they have an icon like the one in my screenshot except it also has on it a cross with four arrow on it. I don't have any idea how to get that one showing on my acrobat.

If I hover over this icon with crossed arrows it says "fit one full page to window" so I gather it is different than the one I asked about.

If I right click my coworkers menu bar I can turn on the icon I show in the red circle above.

Any idea how to turn on the one with the crossed arrows on it??

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 02, 2018 0
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, as another update, my coworker updated their acrobat dc and now they are missing the icon with the crossed arrows?

Any idea how to turn it back on?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 02, 2018 0
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi BK......,

Thanks for Reaching out for your concerns.

I Tried and the functionality for "Show only one page at a time" icon is working fine for me.

Could you please share a Screen Recording Video of the exact steps where you are observing the issue so that we can make sure that we are on the same page ?

You can send it at ajain@adobe.com

For your second concern,

The "Fit one Full Page" icon has been clustered with other icons in the toolBar itself so as to have more space in the Toolbar for more tools.

Here is how your Coworkers can see this icon now (Under More Tools Icon dropdown)

Let me know for any other info

Thanks

Ayush Jain

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 02, 2018 1
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hate the fact that it's always a dropdown now. Absolutely detest it. What used to be 1 click for me is now 2 and it messes with me every time I have to do it (regularly because Reader couldn't possibly remember what view I was in when I click a bookmark...Oh the view is part of the bookmark definition? I am not redefining 400+ bookmarks in a PDF that isn't mine, give me a setting that says "override, what I want is more important than the what the document author wants").

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 03, 2018 0
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ayush,

That was exactly what I was looking for, but I completely missed the drop down arrow.

Appreciate the help.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 03, 2018 0
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. good to know it helped.

Let me know for further concerns here.

Thanks

Ayush Jain

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 03, 2018 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have the version 2019.008.20071

I can't see that dropdown, maybe something in the settings??

I can only see the "fit one full page to window" when I click "Move page controls out of toolbars" that the shortcut/icon shows below:

is there a way to have back on the top bar?

thanks

Diego

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 04, 2018 0
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi dvivas,

Can you please Reset the Toolbar pane and check if that appears ?

1) Launch a pdf and right click on the Toolbar

2) Click "Reset Toolbars" from the context menu and see if issue fixes ?

-Ayush Jain

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 04, 2018 1
Community Beginner ,
Oct 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ayush,

Thanks in advance!

Diego

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 04, 2018 1
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or why can't Fit Width (Scrolling) have a keybind.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 04, 2018 0