Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat DC slow on Mac

Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I'm running Acrobat DC version 20.12.20043.396433 on my MacBook Air on 10.15.6. Both Acrobat DC and MacOS are up to date.

Whenever I run Acrobat DC, it opens OK but it is incredibly slow in doing anything. Even scrolling is dire. All other apps scroll smoothly and immediately but with Acrobat there is a delay and the scrolling is really jumpy.

Can anybody assist please?

Cheers,

Keith

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

Hi Keith,

++adding on to the expert's advice.

You may try resetting the Acrobat's preferences following these instruction: https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-default/td-p/4792082

Also, to uninstall the application, you can use this cleaner tool: http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/acrobatcleaner.html 

Let us know if this makes a difference.

Thanks,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Acrobat DC Pro on a MacBook Pro that is three years old with macOS 10.14 and don't see any problems with the speed of Acrobat. My OS is one version back, so that may make a difference. How old is your MacBook Air? 

The first thing I would try is to uninstall Acrobat, and then re-install to see if that makes a difference. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 15, 2020 Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Karl

Thanks for your reply - my MacBook Air is 2 years old. I'll try some of the other solutions that may be offered in your other thread and then perhaps the reinstallation.

Keith

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like you are not alone: A quick search through the recent questions shows this:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/acrobat-pro-dc-slow-redraw-mac/td-p/11429238?page=1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Keith,

++adding on to the expert's advice.

You may try resetting the Acrobat's preferences following these instruction: https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-default/td-p/4792...

Also, to uninstall the application, you can use this cleaner tool: http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/acrobatcleaner.html 

Let us know if this makes a difference.

Thanks,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 15, 2020 Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akanchha

Thanks - I saw this thread the other day, but couldn't get past the first step because there was no Acrobat Webcapture Cookies file in the preferences folder.

Cheers,

Keith

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 18, 2020 Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akanchha

Thanks - I found Acrobat WebCapture Prefs in a sub-folder so moved it to the desktop and then moved the other file and folder and it seems to have solved the problem, so thanks!

Do I need to keep these files or can I move them to the trash?

Cheers,

Keith

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 21, 2020 Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Keith,

Glad it stated working for you. You can put those files in trash. We keep them on desktop just to be on safer side if we need them back. Now as preferences has been recreated, we can delete the previous one .

~Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2020 Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks very much Akanchha - appreciate your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines