• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat DC SO HORRIBLE it's making me want to cry.

Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2015 Apr 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't find anywhere to file a complaint or submit feedback, so here it is.

Acrobat DC is horrible. I feel like it wasn't made for professionals at all and makes it much more difficult to navigate a simple document. My custom toolbar at the top? Gone. Replaced by ridiculous pre-school style buttons on the right. Want to re-organize page order? It opens up an entirely separate window for that, totally unnecessarily.

Thanks for giving me a day of trying to figure out how I can delete this worthless pile of kindergarten garbage and somehow get back to just Acrobat XI while still using my cloud sub.

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 21, 2015 Apr 21, 2015

If you want to uninstall Acrobat DC and get back Acrobat XI, follow these instructions.

Acrobat DC uninstalled Acrobat XI | How to get Acrobat XI back

You can always reinstall DC later.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 116 Replies 116
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2015 Jul 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Professional users do NOT have the time to constantly figure out new UI's especially if they make the process of locating tools MORE complex; MORE opaque and LESS intuitive.  This is seriously one of the worst UI's I've ever experienced.   Take a cue from apple;  if my mom or my 3 year old can use an apple device and figure out what they need to do in under 5 minutes; you have a good UI.  If I can then use the same device  to create professional graphics and 3d imagery, that's an excellent UI.   Adobe; your evolution on Acrobat is the opposite;  if I'm confused in the first 5 minutes to the point of anger; then imagine what my mom and my three year would feel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 05, 2015 Jul 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lynda.com has a good course on Acrobat DC which is composed of five minute video clips which should get you up to speed on DC's way of doing things.

It's a bit late to do anything about DC's new design. You can stay on an older version or get trained in the new ways. There are added features and you do want to keep up if others you interact with are doing the same.

Watch the Online Video Course Acrobat DC Essential Training

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2015 Jul 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Horrible indeed!!!! I am posting for the first time ever here becasue I have to let Adobe know that Acrobat DC IS NOT FOR PROFESSIONALS. I don't have time to relearn junk interfaces. I hate complaining, but please Adobe, don't give me Acrobat for idiots.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2015 Jul 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought Acrobat Pro DC have a product number but there nowhere an option to install or download it from Adobe and their customer support is nonexistent

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 19, 2015 Jul 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2015 Aug 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes - I second the OP and all other. This "My Little Pony" and tablet like "pink fluffy unicorn theme" is a mere joke. This is not a professional looking tool and the functions when saving files are horrible when having a scaling due to high resolution as nothing makes sense in the folder tree.

Is this the same company I have used Photoshop and Create Suite from for years? I can't take this product seriously. Someone must have been on a serious acid trip to come up with this GUI and design. Rehab?

Downgrading to XI - made by serious people - for serious people.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2015 Aug 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to use Acrobat professionaly, and it has got so much harder just to do the easiest things, like making notes or changing page orders. Plus the icons are so counter intuitive! How many times have I clicked on the "search" icon because I was searching for the zoom tool! Acrobat was not flawless - I had lots of performance problems and crashes in the past. But DC didnt fix the performance and added a really awful interface that is hard to figure out for a technic nerd like me - how is this supposed to be easy for non professionals?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2015 Aug 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How about the long time (life time) Acrobat user who was duped into buying this junk software with a new PC?  Can I get my money back?  Highly unlikely. I mean c'mon this product shouldn't even be called Acrobat.  I feel like I was tricked.  I would never have purchased this knowingly.  This will go down as one of the worst software implosions of all time.  No one will use this, and soon market share for pdf creation and edition will go elsewhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 27, 2015 Aug 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can set up DC to look much like it used to by customizing the tool bar to have the tools you want displayed with the sidebar closed. Right click on the toolbar and click "Customize quick tools". Expand each menu and add the tools you want (click the plus sign on the right of the menu to add) and rearrange them by highlighting them in the bar and move them with the arrows. File, edit, navigation, display and select & zoom tools are in the top 5 lines upon right-clicking. Close the sidebar and quit DC, relaunch it - it'll stay closed until you open it.

Adobe should by default have the applications looking much like previous versions, and explain that these display options are available. I think they've set this up for the iPad, but most of the professionals are using a mouse, I don't get much retouching done at the beach...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2015 Oct 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This update is terrible.

A box to select items keeps randomly coming up and I have to keep pressing escape to get out of it, then my machine crashes.

Why can't I easily select text anymore without this stupid selection box coming up?

I HATE this page reader thing too. Please get rid of it. I don't need assistance reading my pages, I can already read them just fine without it.  I've tried adjusting the setting to stop it as slows everything down and I need to work quickly.  When I cancel out of it it causes the program to crash too. 

Why must something that just worked (i.e. the old version) have to be re-vamped and changed?  The old version was good, I wish adobe had just left it alone.  Hours of frustration have been caused by Acrobat DC.

ADOBE PLEASE BE HUMBLE ACCEPT YOUR MISTAKES AND FIX THESE ISSUES!

It is not a matter of users getting used to a new format - this program is hopeless and very user unfriendly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 01, 2015 Nov 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried using it for 10 minutes and then immediately googled "ACROBAT DC IS HORRIBLE". Good News - I am not the only one. Bad News - It really is a mess!!

Why on earth would Adobe REDESIGN the SAVE AS dialog???? I do not have to re-learn how to navigate the SAVE AS dialog. I am trying to get work done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 11, 2015 Nov 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

extremekc512 wrote:

Why on earth would Adobe REDESIGN the SAVE AS dialog???? I do not have to re-learn how to navigate the SAVE AS dialog. I am trying to get work done.

Adobe doesn't redesign the save as dialog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 02, 2015 Dec 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can change the Save As dialog in the Preferences under Edit > Preferences > General and uncheck "Show online storage when saving files".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 10, 2015 Nov 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree, worst version of any program, ever.  Unbelievable how programmers can ruin what was a great and utterly necessary program..  Why is everyone following the Microsoft model of making unnecessary changes, burying things that need to be front and center, limiting options that used to work just fine?  I have a full pro version of 11 that I immediately removed and went back to 10 because of a totally stupid font issue.  Nothing since then seems to be moving in a direction that is desired by anyone other than programmers.  Absolutely shocked and horrified by what the DC reader has done to the usefulness and visual impact.  PAINFUL to look at these documents with Reader DC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2015 Nov 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

keebusameows wrote:

Acrobat DC is horrible.

Googling "Adobe DC is terrible" brought me here, glad someone else provided this feedback.

Our IT support company has received so many calls to 'fix' this problem because clients had updated and our solution has been to uninstall this version and reinstall the more useable versions. It's like the Windows 8 of Adobe products... but worse. The first call I attempted to work with the user to try and teach them how to navigate around the interface changes but it became frustrating as I wasn't dealing with someone in their early 20's who might be able to work around these issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 15, 2015 Nov 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe has gone toward getting new users by offering an interface that makes it look easy but completely and totally bungs up the entire process of getting through any edits by having to fish through non-sensical, non-liner groupings of top-level menu items. Much more of an app for the phone than it is a powerful application. And losing the ability to have transparency work correctly is unacceptable.  No one is going to buy Acrobat because of its slick but flawed interface, they will lose more users of DC than ever before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2015 Nov 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awful and disrespectful! The My Weekly Reader version. I am not a graphics or CS professional but have done a lot of UI/UX development in the medical field. The UI is giving me an MI. The biggest migraine is that it wants to save everything @ 120%. The resizing/zoom adjustments don't take. I'm going back to the old version. And to think that some product team got bonused for this. SMH.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2015 Dec 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's terrible, I lost my Additional Tools and my customized Tools palette. I don't want to learn this new interface, I just want to continue to create forms, NOW! This is why I hate Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2015 Dec 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree. Acrobat DC is probably the worst program I have ever seen. The interface is horrible. You are unable to find anything. Sometimes the search tools  field appears and sometimes it doesn't. Most of the time when you're trying to do an operation, you get the little spinning wheel of doom. Not all the features work properly. Such a horrible interface...the buttons are terrible if you can even call them that. Sometimes tools disappear and if you can't find the search, you have to go through all the menus looking for them.

What horrible reason would possess Adobe to put out a product so horrifically bad? Obviously, they have nothing better to do. I think the developers must be laughing. Such a programming JOKE!

When they released Indesign 2015, not all the functionality worked. So I tried to do an operation and I got a message stating that the feature would not be available until later. What? Why would they do that?

Adobe, get your act together and FIX ACROBAT DC SO IT ACTUALLY WORKS!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2015 Dec 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes this is just sooo terrible. Its very juvenile and its LOADED with bugs and WHY please tell us WHY do we have to read about the really not useful new features with that really annoying splash every time i open the app? sure a one-time post install splash would do the job hey?

AND it only splashes in the way when i go to do something thus literally getting in the way

i'm starting to think this was designed as a joke on us... pay through the nose for professional software licence and in return for my AUD$50 a month (which is just mental pricing by the way seriously) i get 3 sleepless nights trying to combine a PDF from the right click context menu which no longer works, unchecking the notifications box makes zero difference to the new-features splash notification, it wont retain my settings on close, crashes every time i try to add a watermark or even browse the tools menu, and i've only updated to this like a day or so ago - i do not DARE to try out your new features because that is risking more hours of anger - and they are really dumb features anyway.

You guys seriously need to consider your target audience here - Acrobat reader you can make for kids, but not Pro.

Either your engineers were seriously hungover the day they built this, or you are all being deliberately annoying.

All other apps in the Adobe suite are amazing and spot on every time i just cant understand why you guys have divorced Acrobat from the high standard of the rest of the suite

this is seriously the only time i've had issues with Adobe, and boy are they really annoying issues. PLEASE never do this again or i will have to leave the platform and stop giving you my money.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 18, 2016 Feb 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've actually signed up just to post this.

I've said to many people, on many occasions how good Adobe's Acrobat reader/pro was compared to other similar products including the standard Windows 8 reader variety and how pleased I was that Adobe hadn't got succoured into the MS 'let's dumb the interface down to the lowest common denominator' trend.

Until, that is, my computer decided it was time to "upgrade" to DC.

Yikes!

If that's an "upgrade" let me know when the next "downgrade" train leaves town and reserve me a ticket.

Awful.

I tried hard to find a better word but that'll do.

Awful.

Just awful.

I mean, MS's attempts at abandoning decades of crafted design principles in favour of going back to the 80s with the least helpful UI they could come up with was pretty poor, but this seems to have gone one stage further.

Yes, I understand that on a small screen mobile phone with limited real estate you might need to simplify.

But I have a laptop.

And a brain that can cope with well-designed graphics, non-simplistic front-ends and usefully designed interfaces and tools.

I don't want software to give me dull Primary School interfaces.

I want a UI that looks better on my laptop than it does on a phone.

I want a UI that looks better than the previous one (or at least as good) and inspires me to delve deeper, maybe even comes up with additional features rather than replacing old reliable ones with worse.

DC has inspired me (with a week of using just the Reader!) to do one thing ... uninstall it (for the first time ever with Adobe software) and bring back XI.

Time for a rethink of your audience and aims, Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2016 Mar 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMFG, this is by far the worst iteration of Adobe Reader, makes me want to rip my balls off. It asks 10 billion questions upon startup, the settings meny is a joke for a PDF reader and worst of all, its has sidebar which takes up 70% of my screen and maybe you can hide them but i dont f-care. This pile of junk software makes me puke, and yet worse. You dont seem to be able to download earlier versions..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2016 Mar 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know kids are starting to use computers earlier each year; but I didn't think Kindergarten kids were being employed by Adobe to do their programming.

This dogs breakfast of an iteration looks like it was hand written in crayon by kindergarten kids to replicate their crayon drawings after a Rugrats marathon.

What is even more annoying is sooner or later we will need to install yet another update to over ride this unmitigated disaster, so no point in uninstalling it.

You've stuffed up big time this time Adobe; this has made General Custer's stuff up at the battle of Little Big Horn look like a success story!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2016 Mar 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's the link to send a complaint.

Adobe Acrobat Reader - Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 03, 2016 Apr 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I AGREE ADOBE is a piece of SHIT. I subscribed only to be asked every 5 minutes to license and re-license the product, After 5 calls and NO ONE at ADOBE able to correct the problem. I am told a SENIOR TECH agent is going to contact me. I explain  that I rise every morning at 5 am EST and go to bed between 9-10 pm. Guess what time the MAROONS CALL 9:38 PM on Saturday night. I have filed complaints with the BBB and  I am going to file a complaint with CONSUMER AFFAIRS. If you are thinking about buying this DEFECTIVE PRODUCT. BEWARE you are LOCKED into a YEAR CONTRACT. LOOK ELSEWHERE 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines