Highlighted

Acrobat DC SO HORRIBLE it's making me want to cry.

Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't find anywhere to file a complaint or submit feedback, so here it is.

Acrobat DC is horrible. I feel like it wasn't made for professionals at all and makes it much more difficult to navigate a simple document. My custom toolbar at the top? Gone. Replaced by ridiculous pre-school style buttons on the right. Want to re-organize page order? It opens up an entirely separate window for that, totally unnecessarily.

Thanks for giving me a day of trying to figure out how I can delete this worthless pile of kindergarten garbage and somehow get back to just Acrobat XI while still using my cloud sub.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by gener7 | Adobe Community Professional

If you want to uninstall Acrobat DC and get back Acrobat XI, follow these instructions.

Acrobat DC uninstalled Acrobat XI | How to get Acrobat XI back

You can always reinstall DC later.

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

This conversation has been locked.

Acrobat DC SO HORRIBLE it's making me want to cry.

Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't find anywhere to file a complaint or submit feedback, so here it is.

Acrobat DC is horrible. I feel like it wasn't made for professionals at all and makes it much more difficult to navigate a simple document. My custom toolbar at the top? Gone. Replaced by ridiculous pre-school style buttons on the right. Want to re-organize page order? It opens up an entirely separate window for that, totally unnecessarily.

Thanks for giving me a day of trying to figure out how I can delete this worthless pile of kindergarten garbage and somehow get back to just Acrobat XI while still using my cloud sub.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by gener7 | Adobe Community Professional

If you want to uninstall Acrobat DC and get back Acrobat XI, follow these instructions.

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Apr 21, 2015 26
117 Replies 117
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi keebusameows,

Thank you for your feedback.

We would pass this on to the development team so that necessary implementations could be made.

regards,

Anubha

Translate

Translate

Apr 21, 2015 6
Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please pass this comment and the myriad of other posts who are totally disgusted with this mess on to the development team before having them sacked for trashing the Adobe brand.

They have committed corporate sabotage.

I know kids are starting to use computers earlier each year; but I didn't think Kindergarten kids were being employed by Adobe to do their programming.

This dogs breakfast of an iteration looks like it was hand written in crayon by kindergarten kids to replicate their crayon drawings after a Rugrats marathon.

What is even more annoying is sooner or later we will need to install yet another update to over ride this unmitigated disaster, so no point in uninstalling it.

You've stuffed up big time this time Adobe; this has made General Custer's stuff up at the battle of Little Big Horn look like a success story!!!!!

Translate

Translate

Mar 24, 2016 15
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

creative cloud took over my acrobat dc pro and converted it to subscripotion. ADOBE are robbers and extortionists.

Translate

Translate

Mar 11, 2020 3
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AMEN!!!  This POS is ridiculous!  I have used Adobe Acrobat Pro for YEARS but this is the most worthless mess I've ever seen!  What were they thinking?!

Translate

Translate

Apr 02, 2020 4
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

acrobat sucked since day one! you had years to make this right, adobe... corporate crap , getting crappier...

Translate

Translate

Aug 01, 2016 3
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This so-called SOLUTION of staying with Adobe Pro is a sham.  Adobe Pro now isn't compatible with MicroSoft Office 15.  Shame on you Adobe for making life miserable.  THIS IS A DEFECTIVE AND RIDICULOUS PRODUCT.  The redact feature doesn't work at all. 

Translate

Translate

Aug 23, 2016 4
Community Beginner ,
Dec 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has the development team made any progress? This product is a lemon. The interface is nonsensical. As a professional Adobe user for more than 20 years, I am now seeking alternatives for basic digital document handling. The silence from Adobe on these issues is deafening. Your users are only angry because it is disruptive for them to find alternatives because Adobe products are integrated into their existing workflows. Basically, it's expensive to change, but I've spent the last 30 minutes wasting my time on forums and doing web searches trying to find the menu options I need. But the answers provided either 1) reference menus, options and buttons that aren't available to me, or 2) simply don't work! Why is this so difficult?!

Translate

Translate

Dec 04, 2017 10
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Apr 21, 2015 6
Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!! This is very much appreciated!

Translate

Translate

Apr 22, 2015 1
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried this but it asks for a serial number which I DO NOT HAVE.

Translate

Translate

Dec 02, 2015 1
New Here ,
May 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible for me to douwngrade to version XI from DC even if I never had XI in the first place?  I came from version 8 Pro and when Iswitched computers could no longer transfer that license.  I'm stuck with DC and hate it.  Is version X or XI available?

Translate

Translate

May 27, 2016 2
Explorer ,
May 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you hate the older version Do not buy the newer one it is horrible It does not work. I am looking for a replacement right now. I have been on the phone no less than 25 times. Same answer it's a glitch in the software. STAY AWAY FROM THIS EDITION

Translate

Translate

May 27, 2016 5
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jkegarch wrote:

Is it possible for me to douwngrade to version XI from DC even if I never had XI in the first place? I came from version 8 Pro and when Iswitched computers could no longer transfer that license. I'm stuck with DC and hate it. Is version X or XI available?

You can uninstall DC and install XI, but of course you need the license and since Adobe no longer sells it, you have to find a reputable re-seller.

I don't have experience with alternative PDF software, but you can google that. The problem is review sites that promote software. You want to avoid those.

So look for common computing magazines:

5 cheaper alternatives to Acrobat for PDF editing | PCWorld

If you are a lawyer or other professional, look at some profession oriented blogs:

https://lawyerist.com/72448/alternatives-acrobat/

Translate

Translate

May 27, 2016 2
Explorer ,
Apr 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too have just installed this nightmare. Adobe really messed up with this bloated pile of crap. This is the "My Little Pony" version. I can only rollback to a useable version and hope the team that put this together gets sent down to kindergarten. I wasted a whole day and lost all of my settings on this little adventure.
What is with the light background?
Why cant I open pdf file to the preset magnification, just full screen? Do my customers get this if they download the reader?
Did I mention the horribly bright background?

Yes the large bright buttons are great for three year olds', but I earn my living with this software. NO!
Every time I look at a new feature I gasp. Well now I have stopped looking. I am rolling back to XI, and spending the time wasted by filling in this form.
This is the first time I have bothered to complain about Adobe software in some 25 years of use.
Okay, install complete, now I go back to work.
How about your Acrobat team go back to work too?

Translate

Translate

Apr 22, 2015 35
Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Couldn't agree more. This update was clearly not made with graphics professionals in mind. All important functions eg. for checking print files etc are hard to find and clunky to use at best. Also got horrible display issues with larger files.
Going back to version XI now. Adobe, please don't start neglecting your professional customers to make your software "more accessible"!

Translate

Translate

Jun 18, 2015 20
LEGEND ,
Jun 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will only address the pages issue. If you want to order the pages and not use the Pages tool, the open the LH Pane and select the pages display there (as in the past) and order the pages using that display the same was as in the past. Also not that in the Pages tool you complained about, there is a zoom button on the lower right to adjust the page sizes.

You will likely find a lot of the other features are still there, but organized differently. It takes some time to adjust to DC and that might be you biggest issue. As will all changes there will be pros and cons. There are things in DC I do not like either, but I deal with it.

Translate

Translate

Jun 18, 2015 1