Highlighted

Acrobat DC turning vector pdfs into bitmap images

New Here ,
Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a PrePress Manager for a printer and have been using Acrobat for many years to make minor edits to customer's pdfs. I have just updated to Acrobat DC and seem to have hit a brick wall with continuing to do this. I have, for example, a small black and white vector pdf (I created it myself from Illustrator), that, in Acrobat Pro XI, I would have opened, selected with the Select Tool (that had a blue box behind it, not sure what it was called), then copied. I would have then opened the customer's pdf and, using exactly the same tool, would have pasted it, then positioned correctly using the arrow tools. Save the customer's pdf as a new version, close, job done. Now, using Acrobat DC, I open the same small black and white vector pdf (that I created myself from Illustrator), because I am not able to find or recognise the Select Tool (that had a blue box behind it), I click on the Edit PDF tools (the Select Tool in the tool bar does not select anything, it draws a blue box over what I am trying to select) and immediately my pristine vector pdf turns into a nasty bitmap and there is a very rapid appearance and disappearance of an error message that says something about "Not able to edit a scanned pdf" and then a message appears saying "Text has been recognised in the language English (UK). To change click on SCANNED DOCUMENTS > SETTINGS", if I do this a small window appears with 2 check boxes that make no difference to the now nasty bitmap file that my pdf has become (screenshot attached). If I do copy this file and paste it into my customer's pdf, it is still a nasty bitmap file and most certainly not something I could proof to them or even dream about printing.

Can anybody help?

Moved from Using the Community (which is about the forums) to a better forum... Mod
To find a forum for your program please start at https://community.adobe.com/

TOPICS
Create PDFs, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Acrobat DC turning vector pdfs into bitmap images

New Here ,
Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a PrePress Manager for a printer and have been using Acrobat for many years to make minor edits to customer's pdfs. I have just updated to Acrobat DC and seem to have hit a brick wall with continuing to do this. I have, for example, a small black and white vector pdf (I created it myself from Illustrator), that, in Acrobat Pro XI, I would have opened, selected with the Select Tool (that had a blue box behind it, not sure what it was called), then copied. I would have then opened the customer's pdf and, using exactly the same tool, would have pasted it, then positioned correctly using the arrow tools. Save the customer's pdf as a new version, close, job done. Now, using Acrobat DC, I open the same small black and white vector pdf (that I created myself from Illustrator), because I am not able to find or recognise the Select Tool (that had a blue box behind it), I click on the Edit PDF tools (the Select Tool in the tool bar does not select anything, it draws a blue box over what I am trying to select) and immediately my pristine vector pdf turns into a nasty bitmap and there is a very rapid appearance and disappearance of an error message that says something about "Not able to edit a scanned pdf" and then a message appears saying "Text has been recognised in the language English (UK). To change click on SCANNED DOCUMENTS > SETTINGS", if I do this a small window appears with 2 check boxes that make no difference to the now nasty bitmap file that my pdf has become (screenshot attached). If I do copy this file and paste it into my customer's pdf, it is still a nasty bitmap file and most certainly not something I could proof to them or even dream about printing.

Can anybody help?

Moved from Using the Community (which is about the forums) to a better forum... Mod
To find a forum for your program please start at https://community.adobe.com/

TOPICS
Create PDFs, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 06, 2020 0

Have something to add?